PDA

View Full Version : anyone used or heard of skyfire 1200 or Ink Express?

John Wade
01-15-2006, 2:27 PM
In my searching for a laser engraver I have found a company called Ink Express. They have amazing prices for laser engravers. But I cant find much info on them. They claim to produce many laser for other companies. Just looking for some history or any info on the company.
thanks J. Wade

Lee DeRaud
01-15-2006, 3:02 PM
That the same as "IE"? Deja vu all over again:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=29400

Thomas Hempleman
01-17-2006, 2:47 AM
If you look at the IE website, you'll see all kinds of indications that English is not their primary language. Lasers are complicated enough without having to translate an owners manual written in fractured English. Also note that even their low power lasers seem to be water cooled - makes me wonder about the level of technology they use. Let's see: no U.S. support, website filled with grammar and spelling errors, questionable technology, unreal low prices..... can you spell "DISASTER"?

Mike Mackenzie
01-17-2006, 2:54 PM
I too looked at these systems and agree "Disaster" The one thing that caught my eye was the laser tube. They use a lamp source glass tube in there systems.(large light bulb) This is one reason they can sell them so CHEAP. These tubes require a lot of electricity and need to be replaced OFTEN normally what we have seen is every two months or so depending on usage. They are also slow to respond to engraving. The one nice thing about them is they cut very well because the beam is on continuously while cutting the edges are really nice and smooth.

My guess is these are reversed engineered from an epilog or laser pro. I know the rotary attachment looks very similar to the epilog.

What scared me is when I went to download the Driver / Manuals and was re-directed to nowhere and the DOWNLOAD section says DOWNLORD.

Be very cautious with this one!!!