PDA

View Full Version : Incra miter 1000 & miter express

Brian Runau
11-13-2021, 9:57 AM
I had the Incra 1000 and I like it and had money to burn so I bought the miter express sled. The height of the miter gauge sitting in the designed groove in the sled is a little higher that the metal of the slot it fits in and a little less higher that the wood of the panel just past it. I am guessing this is not a big deal, but wanted to make sure before I went any further. With the hold down it should not rock. If I put the end of the edge of my 6" steel rule on the top of the miter gauge and and back to one side, not over both, there is some light under the edge of the rule telling me the top of the gauge is high in the slot.

Thanks for any feedback.

Brian

Johnny Barr
11-13-2021, 7:13 PM
Brian, I have the 1000SE/Miter express and it is slightly higher than the metal slot but that has no effect on the quality of the cut. Are you cuts, smooth, accurate etc? Are you able to hold the stock tight against the fence and platform using the supplied hold down? If so then no need for concern.

Brian Runau
11-14-2021, 7:21 AM
Brian, I have the 1000SE/Miter express and it is slightly higher than the metal slot but that has no effect on the quality of the cut. Are you cuts, smooth, accurate etc? Are you able to hold the stock tight against the fence and platform using the supplied hold down? If so then no need for concern.

Thanks Johnny, being a nervous Nellie, but better safe than sorry. Brian