PDA

View Full Version : I still feel the same

mike johnston
11-12-2021, 4:21 PM
I’ve owned a Festool domino 500 for a little over a month. I don’t feel any different, was expecting a bit of euphoria. Maybe if I take it out of the box.

Jon Grider
11-12-2021, 4:58 PM
The euphoria doesn't come until you add from Festool: 4 sanders, a dust extractor, SCMS, track saw, router, beer cooler, t-shirt and baseball cap. Then and only then will your life and workshop be complete; that is until the next green rollout.

Scott Clausen
11-12-2021, 5:26 PM
The euphoria doesn't come until you add from Festool: 4 sanders, a dust extractor, SCMS, track saw, router, beer cooler, t-shirt and baseball cap. Then and only then will your life and workshop be complete; that is until the next green rollout.
Well played!

Jim Becker
11-12-2021, 8:18 PM
I will not guarantee you euphoria, but it's likely that you'll enjoy the tool once you use it. :) :D Get crackin'!!

Doug Garson
11-12-2021, 10:51 PM
You must have got a defective one, send it go me and I'll make sure it's disposed of properly.

Matt Day
11-12-2021, 10:55 PM
I just felt the euphoria with my brand new Festool track saw cutting melamine without a chip out to be seen.

Bernie Kopfer
11-13-2021, 9:58 AM
I just felt the euphoria with my brand new Festool track saw cutting melamine without a chip out to be seen.

I got the same results with my Makita! Resulting in even higher euphoria because cost a lot less

Rich Engelhardt
11-13-2021, 10:27 AM
All kidding aside - - there really is a good feeling picking up and using a very high quality item.

I really enjoy using my Starrett square.

Enjoy your new Festool!

Bruce Mack
11-13-2021, 11:33 AM
I’ve owned a Festool domino 500 for a little over a month. I don’t feel any different, was expecting a bit of euphoria. Maybe if I take it out of the box.
My kind of guy! I have a Veritas block plane, 4 Narex Richter chisels, a Noga mag. base and Mitutoyo dial indicator, all NIB. Someday, but maybe not as I'm 77.

Derek Arita
11-13-2021, 11:40 AM
It's one of my most used tools. Try it Mikey...you'll like it, you'll really like it!

Edward Weber
11-13-2021, 1:47 PM

How's your wallet handling the new acquisition? Maybe that's whats putting a damper on the euphoria.