PDA

View Full Version : rolling pin

Joe Judge
01-15-2006, 11:21 AM
I've been wanting to make a Rude Osolnik type rolling pin for some time (i.e., angle cut, laminated wood). Craft Supplies USA has blanks for this kind of rolling pin.

Then recently, I'd found a super discussion about a rolling pin in John Engstrom's website gallery. The discussion is well worth reading, with associated 'how-to' picts:

Anyway, I wanted to share that info ... and a pict of what I ended up doing -- nothing amazing like Engstrom's, but a pleasing (I think) mix of woods:

http://personal.intrusion.org/%7Ejoe/wood2/DCP02301.JPG

--joe

Jim Dunn
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Real nice pin Joe. But don't put handles on it!! It then becomes a weapon of choice for the women type people.

Bernie Weishapl
01-15-2006, 2:24 PM
LOL. Jim I was going to say the same thing. If you put handles on it, it becomes a weapon of mass destruction.

Great rolling pin Joe. Like the angled look. Very nice.

Jesse Merino
01-15-2006, 2:34 PM
Some day, when I can make a "straight" dowel look, then I may attempt something like that...but right now, its easier for me to gouge the wood, put this or that on it and make like I know what I am doing, so the wife doesnt think I am wasting my time:)

Besides, I think that making something straight, is tougher than curves... (at least to me, and I stink at this so far... but, trial and error... I am waiting for the trial, so that I can get a verdict and scratch the errors :))_...Jesse

Keith Burns
01-15-2006, 2:41 PM
Great looking rolling pin for sure !!:) :) (or a fat club):D

Jim Dunn
01-15-2006, 7:20 PM
Hey Jesse just make a rolling pin with grooves and it becomes a pasta maker:)

Jim