PDA

View Full Version : Greene & Greene chairs

John Harden
01-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Anyone out there have plans or dimensions for G&G dining room chairs, preferably Blacker House ones? I know I can use "standard" dining chair dimensions to make them, but would very much like to see dimensions and/or plans for what the Greene's made.

Went with the Thorsen house table and the base is complete, including sliding extenders. Aam about to make the top and leaves, then the chairs are next. While the table will seat 12 fully extended, I'll probably stop the chair production run at 8 or 10. I just don't need that many chairs.

I'm hoping to keep the prototype stage of this down to one or two chairs made of poplar and with plans from someone, I might be able to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

John

Peter Mc Mahon
01-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Try here. www.furnituremaker.com (http://www.furnituremaker.com)

John Harden
01-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with Darrel's site. He makes great furniture, but doesn't post plans that I know of. Neither would I if I was selling furniture for a living.

Perhaps that's changed, but his site appears to be down for the moment.

Any other leads out there?

Corvin Alstot
01-15-2006, 1:12 PM
There are small schematic elevations and lots of pictures in Randell Makinson's Greene and Greene book. If you are looking for exact drawings and details this book will not work for you. But it does have a lot of information, elevations and some details. Its a good reference book.

Peter Mc Mahon
01-15-2006, 3:07 PM
I just tried Daryll's site and it is working for me at least. There is a link to a Yahoo Greene and Greene discussion group that may be a good start. Peter

John Piwaron
01-15-2006, 7:47 PM
Furnituremaker.com is working for me.

I noticed that he's publishing a book. Perhaps what you're looking for will be in there. Also, the plans for a couple of his pieces are going to be offered for sale on http://www.americanfurnituredsgn.com/