PDA

View Full Version : Very old Incra?

Kritt Moore
11-07-2021, 7:23 PM
Hello all,

New to the forum and enjoying the vast bank of knowledge here. Question, what are we looking at here? I am looking to add a router table to my small shop and came across this table. The shop that is selling has no description except that its an Incra table and lift. I will be going into the shop tomorrow to look in person and hopefully be bringing it home. Would appreciate some guidance on what this may be worth? It does appear to be different then the current Incra offering.

Thanks in advance!

Ray Newman
11-07-2021, 11:35 PM
Seems to me that back 'bout 20 some years ago, INCRA and another company were going toe-to-toe and head-to-head in a dispute over design/patent rights to router fences. For the life of me, I cannot recall the other company's name, but one of them filed a suit over patent infringement. Not sure how it all work out though. But in any event after all the dust settled, INCRA was the only company still in business.

To answer your query, it does remind me a fence system from the other company mentioned above.

Eric Wayne
11-08-2021, 6:26 AM
That looks like a Jointech fence system. I’ve had one for many years and it works pretty well for various dovetail and box joints. I’ve used it mostly to build drawers and such. It uses tape templates on a micro-adjustable fence. The tapes are plastic and get brittle with age. I believe Incra has a system with compatible tapes.

Hopefully it is okay to link to another forum. Here are the templates and manual posted on routerforum:
https://www.routerforums.com/threads/jointech-templates-and-manual.36996/

Ray Newman
11-08-2021, 11:35 AM
Eric Wayne: the JOINTECH System -- that is the name of the company I was trying to recall.

Dan Cameron
11-08-2021, 12:59 PM
That looks like a Jointech fence system. I’ve had one for many years and it works pretty well for various dovetail and box joints. I’ve used it mostly to build drawers and such. It uses tape templates on a micro-adjustable fence. The tapes are plastic and get brittle with age. I believe Incra has a system with compatible tapes.

Hopefully it is okay to link to another forum. Here are the templates and manual posted on routerforum:
https://www.routerforums.com/threads/jointech-templates-and-manual.36996/

Kritt, if you end up with that jig and need templates, search for pyRouterjig.exe. This is a free program to make your own box joint templates on a computer printer.

Kritt Moore
11-08-2021, 10:07 PM
Thank you all for the info! Think I’m going to pass on the machine. Would love to get a used Incra-
going to keep my eyes peeled.

Ed Aumiller
11-08-2021, 10:36 PM
If the price on it is reasonable, think again about buying it...
It will do everything the Incra will do and will last longer... it has metal parts, the incra does not...

The main reason JoinTech is not around is the owner is no longer living....health problems...