PDA

View Full Version : Maple knot

Robert Mickley
01-15-2006, 10:29 AM
This was a knot I cut off the side of a maple bowl blank, It got kicked around the shop for a few weeks. Chucked it up one day out of boredom. Had to epoxy a piece of walnut on for a foot. and epoxy a few voids, The purple you see is glitter. about 4 inches diameter. This is one of those pieces I wish I had never sold.

Finished with BLO and 5 coats of Deft
Second pic is the true color, Don't know why the first one loooks that way

Bob Noles
01-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Robert,

My goodness.... That thing is beautiful.

Nice Job

Ernie Nyvall
01-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Wow Robert, that is some fiery wood. Nicely done. I see why you wish you had it back.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
01-15-2006, 11:14 AM
That is beautiful Robert. Great job.

Andy Hoyt
01-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Gnarly little bugger. but nice.

Jim Dunn
01-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Wow Robert for a piece you "kicked around the shop for a few weeks" it's really quite pretty. You say you sold it right?? Curiosity has won out over politeness, I gots to know, how much?

Jim

Robert Mickley
01-15-2006, 7:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys

Wow Robert for a piece you "kicked around the shop for a few weeks" it's really quite pretty. You say you sold it right?? Curiosity has won out over politeness, I gots to know, how much?
Jim

Well it quite leteraly got kicked arond, everytime I swept the floor. I priced it at $80. Figured no one would pay that :eek: I was wrong :rolleyes: I toted it around for a year or so, lots of folks looked it over and set it right down when I told them how much. last spring my brother Joined a CO-OP market and took A bunch of my stuff up there since he had extra room. First weekend A lady walked in there. Picked it up said ooh and aghhh, Asked me how much so I told her $80, never batted an eyelash. :confused: New I should have said $180

Cody Colston
01-15-2006, 7:45 PM
Man, that piece is arty for a farm boy!

It's beautiful and thanks for showing it to us.

cody