FRONT TO REAR 86"
HEIGHT 48"

I thought this might be fun just to look at

tod evans
01-15-2006, 8:30 AM
now that`s a slider! thanks mark

Dick Parr
01-15-2006, 8:45 AM
Mark you are really finding some interesting equipment to look at and wish I owned. Thanks for sharing.

Ian Barley
01-15-2006, 8:52 AM
More what we would call a panel saw over here - specifically designed for working sheet goods and , fairly clearly by its size, mainly aimed at nice big commercial workshops.

Jim Becker
01-15-2006, 9:23 AM
That sure would keep the foundation in the ground!! Interesting to see. Thanks for posting!

Mark Singer
01-15-2006, 9:25 AM
Jim,
That is either a typo or a 16 foot diameter blade... I would need a ladder to reach the power switch:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
01-15-2006, 9:26 AM
That is either a typo or a 16 foot diameter blade... I would need a ladder to reach the power switch

I guess that rules it out for Barbie furniture... :D :D :D

Mark Singer
01-15-2006, 9:29 AM
I guess that rules it out for Barbie furniture... :D :D :D

Not large Barbies ...we have quite a few here in Sothern CA.....more plastic then the original Barbie:D

tod evans
01-15-2006, 9:33 AM
Not large Barbies ...we have quite a few here in Sothern CA.....more plastic then the original Barbie:D

yup, my first wife is lurking out west somewhere. :)

Chris Giles
01-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Mark,
What an incredible looking saw! Is this thing for sale somewhere, or have you actually seen it?

lou sansone
01-15-2006, 11:40 AM
I was actually thinking of buying it.. but I think I am going to hold out for a saw from another european country. I just can't seem to find any american saw that I really like ( except my brazilian Rockwell - I guess it is sort of American )
lou

Tyler Howell
01-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Looks Heavy!!!! Cool.

tod evans
01-15-2006, 12:45 PM
lou, that looks like it would put your rt to shame. what else could you be looking for in a solid wood saw? or are sheet goods and slider length the issue? just curious. tod

Dev Emch
01-15-2006, 12:53 PM
DANCKAERT was a family owned woodworking machine tool company that made some workable stuff. They also made a tenoner in which the cut off blade was the first motor and not the last. Some have told me how much better this feature is and say bunk. Your always adjusting the tenoner's tenoning heads which is more difficult if you have to each over the cutoff head to do it. At any rate, danckaert opened an office in the US where they sold the danckaert machines but also had the sole distributorship for the german made Maka mortisers. When the danckaert family closed up shop, the US office got the permission to retain the name and became strictly a sales office for other lines like Maka and Lori & Lori. They are currently sitting on the largest stash of Maka chisels out there. The Maka is no longer made but Lori & Lori out of Italy have their own version of the Maka. In fact, Dankaert got Lori & Lori to clone the head attachment scheme so that maka chisels are compatible with all US sold Lori & Lori machines. Personally I dont really like this saw. That is a huge table to man handle about and its undercarriage is in doubt. When it comes to this type of saw and a huge cast iron table, my preferences are to go with an Oliver 88-DX or 88-DY. They used the tenoner table system in these larger saws and even though you have a table that weighs well over 500 pounds (maybe in excess of 1000!), the table gluides with velvet precision. But these olivers are rare. I have only come accross one oliver 88-DX in my journeys.

Frank Pellow
01-15-2006, 2:46 PM
Thanks for the photos Mark and for the information about Danckarert Dev.

Dev, I am starting to wonder if there is any tool company in any country about which you do not know the history? :D

Ed Kowaski
01-15-2006, 4:47 PM
She's a looker for sure but I'm with Dev on this one. I wouldn't want it for everyday use. Here's a Steton, this would likely be in my shop if I had the room.

http://www.xfactory.com/photos/PS/01085201.JPG