PDA

View Full Version : PM2000 motor wiring. Need help!

Bob Wallis
11-01-2021, 7:55 PM
I am setting up an older PM2000. It's been in storage for awhile. Evidently before it was put in storage, the power cord was disconnected from the motor. The motor is a 3hp, single phase. I am not sure how to wire this. looking for someone to guide me through. Thanks.

Michael Schuch
11-01-2021, 9:19 PM
According to the motor tag it is a 230v only motor which makes connecting it up very easy. White to one of the black motor wires, black to the other black motor wire. The green to ground, which looks like the silver screw in the upper left of the picture. Since it is a 230v motor both the incoming black and white are going to be hot so which one goes to which black motor wire makes no difference. It does not look like the center lug of the 3 lug terminal strip is connected to anything so it should be ignored. You could put a jumper between the middle lug of the terminal strip to the ground screw then put the green wire to this center lug if you wanted to.

The right black motor wire does not look to be secured to the terminal strip very well, I would re-fasten this wire to the terminal strip.

And, of course, this needs to be plugged into a 220v wall outlet.

Bob Wallis
11-01-2021, 9:57 PM
Thank you!!!

According to the motor tag it is a 230v only motor which makes connecting it up very easy. White to one of the black motor wires, black to the other black motor wire. The green to ground, which looks like the silver screw in the upper left of the picture. Since it is a 230v motor both the incoming black and white are going to be hot so which one goes to which black motor wire makes no difference. It does not look like the center lug of the 3 lug terminal strip is connected to anything so it should be ignored. You could put a jumper between the middle lug of the terminal strip to the ground screw then put the green wire to this center lug if you wanted to.

The right black motor wire does not look to be secured to the terminal strip very well, I would re-fasten this wire to the terminal strip.

And, of course, this needs to be plugged into a 220v wall outlet.