PDA

View Full Version : Help identify this saw

Jason Adkins
10-30-2021, 7:35 PM
Looks like an old Craftsman zip code saw. Guy says it’s never been used, just sitting in the shed and the outer box has disintegrated. Think it might be worth taking a $150 flyer on? I’m assuming that in good shape this would be superior to my Cman 21833 with the most-machines trunnion

Doug Garson
10-30-2021, 8:23 PM
I'd offer $50 who knows what shape it's in, if it's been sitting in a shed this long he's just trying to get rid of it. Alternately ask to see it run and offer what you think is fair.

Lee Schierer
10-31-2021, 8:16 AM
With the amount of rust on the mobile base and paint degradation on the cabinet, I wouldn't pay very much. It is likely that all the other iron parts in the saw look just like the base.

Brian Tymchak
10-31-2021, 11:28 AM
With the amount of rust on the mobile base and paint degradation on the cabinet, I wouldn't pay very much. It is likely that all the other iron parts in the saw look just like the base.

What Lee said. My first thought was that it might have been in a flood.

Bob Coates
10-31-2021, 6:04 PM
Yea what Brian suggested in a flood. The stains on the front seem to indicate water damage.

Bob

Ronald Blue
10-31-2021, 6:58 PM
Looks pretty rough. If you look at it see if you can move the adjustments and turn the arbor and motor. If things are froze up then there isn't much hope in being able to salvage it.