PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
07-18-2003, 9:23 AM
Greetings from the sauna!

Supposed to be 101 degrees here in Tulsa today and it has been close to that all week. I was in SW Oklahoma earlier in the week and it was 106 in the shade. This heat has limited my shop time as I don't have the luxury of AC like some of you. I do hope to at least get the dog holes drilled in my new mobile workbench.

LOML and I are also celebrating our 31st wedding aniversary this weekend so we are going to see a musical Saturday night.

So what's happening in your world this weekend?

Bob, avoiding heat stroke in Okieland

David Perkins
07-18-2003, 9:39 AM
We don't ever get that hot around here but we do have two forest fires going right now. have to use up some vacation time and going camping and brookie fishing to the other mountain this weekend,(were in between two mountain ranges) celebrating the wife’s 31st birthday Saturday. Sunday evening heading to the lake and possibly a few hours of rainbow trout fishing.

Scott Coffelt
07-18-2003, 9:53 AM
- Getting new tires put on the wife's van.
- Continuation of the custom in-wall stereo cabinet for a client
- Continued research on replacement windows
- Start replacing some bad brick molding
- Play with the kids
- Rent a good movie - hopefully "Basic"
- Try and stay cool
- Try to find the house paint in storage (I have to begin touching up the missing paint created by the hail storm a few weeks back)
- That's probably a good starting list

Jim Becker
07-18-2003, 10:25 AM
LOML and I are also celebrating our 31st wedding aniversary this weekend so we are going to see a musical Saturday night.

Congratulations on that one! (We just had our "first" last November...<G>)

This weekend offers "more of the same"...the kitchen continues. I got most of the remaining wiring done in the evenings this week, so a few more small things to do there. I then need to tackle repairing the flooring under the cabinet areas, fir up one wall that's being straightened and improve the drain/supply for the sink. Should I feel really ambitious...the window may get installed...but that requires I deal with siding.

The goal here is to get all the carpentry, electrical and plumbing "done, done, done" so I can get the drywall and taping scheduled. With any luck, I'm going to sub that work out to save time and drudgery, but it's been a challenge finding folks who have the time to even come look at the job. Then I can get back in the shop to finish the cabinets. That would be nice!

Mike Evertsen
07-18-2003, 11:17 AM
a trip to saw mill
get the popup ready for vacation next month
some yard work
some woodworking
take a truck load of split fire wood to my sister's
or maybe a glass of ice tea and sit on my a__ on the deck and watch the traffic go by its suppose to be a nice weekend around here,,,,,,

Keith Starosta
07-18-2003, 12:09 PM
My inlaws are coming down from PA for the weekend. My Pops-In-Law and I are going to finish hanging the cornice molding in the new nursury (TWINS due in September... :) ). It's going to give me and opprotunity to show him some of my new toys!!

Keith

Dr. Zack Jennings
07-18-2003, 1:45 PM
I Started a New Day Job turnin' table legs for Bobby Hatfield in Diaz, Arkansas. I'm going back next Friday. We may make a door.

Pete Harbin
07-18-2003, 4:50 PM
In the kitchen? Yes
In the bathrooms? Yes
The halls? Yes
And so on...all 1512 square feet of our house!!!!

Our house is now carpet-free and after some linoleum removal duty tonight we'll be down to slab only throughout. Tomorrow morning it's tile city.
My knees already hurt just thinking about it!

David Rose
07-18-2003, 7:25 PM
I met a lady in a chat room (Christian, for what it's worth ;)) about 8 years ago. I have followed her through various health problems and finally the "acquisition" of a neat hubby. We have never met them in person. They called this week to say they were going to be close this weekend and wanted to meet us. I am just a little apprehensive when meeting new people is "planned". It should be a fun experience if I can forget about the saggy router table long enough.

Bob, please keep the heat "over there". At least we have a gentle breeze mixed with the near hundreds. Thanks for sending the clouds this afternoon anyway.

David