PDA

View Full Version : Mini Max belts

Leigh Betsch
10-25-2021, 10:40 AM
I need a set of belts for the 12” table saw blade on my MM ST4 saw. The scoring blade and shaper belts are fine. It has three v pulleys on the spindle but there is one belt still in place and another shredded. Does anyone know if it should have a three belt set or are only two of the pulleys used? Anyone know where to source a replacement set? Sorry my manual is packed away in my rented storage and not immediately accessible.

Leigh Betsch
10-25-2021, 11:00 AM
Actually two of the three belts are shredded. It appears that the belt tensioner lock bolt had come loose, likely the cause of the problem.

Mike Kees
10-25-2021, 11:03 AM
I used to own a Minimax Sc2 saw that I fixed up and sold. I needed a new drive belt for that saw and ordered it through my local NAPA parts store. I took the remains of the old one in ,it was a metric size belt . I think if you need three just order three, the "matched set" thing seems to have become a moot point nowadays.

Erik Loza
10-25-2021, 2:11 PM
Any V-belt of the correct length should work fine. Grainger, auto parts places, etc. The measurements should be printed on the belt itself. The only oddball is the scoring drive belt, which is is this flat band-type belt. Hope this helps.

Erik

Leigh Betsch
10-26-2021, 9:18 AM
I got a imperial size pair from my local NAPA, they only had two. They are a but larger but do fit. But I get more vibration than I want so I ordered three from SMC. They cost twice as much and are drop shipping from Italy. They say they will be here in 3-4 days, but I really can't believe that. My daughter lives in Italy, believe me nothing happens in 4 days in Italy.

Jim Becker
10-26-2021, 11:57 AM
When I ordered a part for my J/P from them, it arrived from Italy in a surprisingly short period of time...so you can hope!

Leigh Betsch
10-28-2021, 6:51 PM
3 belts arrived today, all the way from Italy. I’m totally impressed.467172