PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found...I knew they were somewhere

Ernie Nyvall
01-14-2006, 7:05 PM
These should work for itty bitty turnings. My oldest brother is a dentist and gave these to me years ago. Found them mixed with the dog grooming tools.:eek: I have no memory of trying to work on my dog's teeth.:D

Ernie

Bob Noles
01-14-2006, 7:20 PM
Ernie,

Where's the novacaine ? Man.... I don't even like looking at those :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bernie Weishapl
01-14-2006, 7:24 PM
Yea Ernie those are some scarey things.:eek: :eek:

Jim Dunn
01-14-2006, 8:33 PM
Ernie if your going to spin smallish stuff you'll need a microscope too. Have you ever used one on you dog? I don't want to tell you what the vets use them for:)

Bill Stevener
01-14-2006, 8:48 PM
Ok Ernie, your in now, they make great tools. The steel is outstanding, on minis one can get about 100 bowls before the need for resharpening is noticed. :D

I found some micro mini turning tools today, will post them when I give em a try.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Carole Valentine
01-14-2006, 9:31 PM
What the devil are those ones on the right??? Nothing I have ever seen a dentist use, but they look like they would make great tools.

Andy Hoyt
01-14-2006, 10:57 PM
What the devil are those ones on the right??? Nothing I have ever seen a dentist use, but they look like they would make great tools.

They use 'em when "manipulating the tooth". As in Yankarooney!

Dick Parr
01-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Go have a little fun Ernie...;)

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-14-2006, 11:59 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH HHHHHHHHH. Makes my teeth hurt just to lookin' at them, but not enough to let you work on them, so making them into itty bitty toold sounds good to me.

Bruce

John Hart
01-15-2006, 7:28 AM
Great Score Ernie!! I'm jealous. :cool:

Keith Burns
01-15-2006, 9:00 AM
Hey Ernie, great looking tools ! But haven't you heard....we don't turn ittsy bittsy anymore:D :D

Chris Barton
01-15-2006, 9:01 AM
The set on the right with the large handles are periostial elevators, used to scrape soft tissue away from bone and do some minor bone reshaping. These tools tend to be made from high carbon SS and are not generally known to be great at holding edges since they were never really meant to cut. But, they should do fine for experimentation.

Ernie Nyvall
01-15-2006, 9:44 AM
Hey Ernie, great looking tools ! But haven't you heard....we don't turn ittsy bittsy anymore:D :D

You mean... the contest... is over.:( Who won the bass boat?

I was thinking there were some that continued with the itty bitys. Bill S. has done a few and Carole turned one on the head of a pin.;)

Ernie

Jim Dunn
01-15-2006, 9:46 AM
Did somebody say bassboat:eek::eek::eek:? Well why didn't you say so to begin with??? I'll fire up the electron micro-scope and give you all a shot of my latest project.:rolleyes: