PDA

View Full Version : Probably a Dumb Question

Ronald Blue
10-23-2021, 1:37 PM
I have a Sears zip code saw. My question is this. I have an Excalibur sliding table attachment that I've had a couple years. I'm looking to get it installed now. So do you still use and have a need for the conventional fence? My thought is to shift everything over to the right and add to that side of the saw for larger pieces etc. Is that even something beneficial? To me there are still times the conventional fence could be used. This is uncharted territory for me so thanks in advance.

Jim Becker
10-23-2021, 2:18 PM
Add on sliding tables are not close to the blade, even with any extension wings removed. You'll still want the fence for ripping.

Mike Kees
10-23-2021, 3:55 PM
Ronald ,I used to have one of those and I would put it on the left side and leave your fence where it is. Not only will you need the fence for rips but it now works as a stop with the sliding table. as well.

Ronald Blue
10-23-2021, 5:21 PM
Okay that's what I was needing to know. Thanks

Richard Coers
10-23-2021, 7:16 PM
What's a zip code saw?

Jim Becker
10-23-2021, 7:22 PM
What's a zip code saw?

It's a lighthearted way of referring to the way the model numbers were on these Craftsman tools. :)

Myk Rian
10-23-2021, 9:48 PM
What's a zip code saw?

Sears' version of the Steel city saws. There were other models, but here's my SC.