PDA

View Full Version : Lenox Tri-Master blade thru Lam. Stack of MDF ?

Doug Shepard
01-14-2006, 2:59 PM
I need to bandsaw through a few 10"x10"x9" high stacks of laminated 3/4" MDF (12 layers) - glued up with yellow glue. Is this something that's going to dull the Tri-Master that's currently on my MM16? I'd just as soon not bother with changing blades if I don't have to and would prefer to use the wider TM blade vs. the others that I have. But I don't know if the MDF and glue is something that's going to cause dulling problems. I'm guessing I have maybe 15 mins total of cuts to make through these stacks.

Should I just leave the TM on and go for it?

tod evans
01-14-2006, 3:05 PM
use a cheap blade, mdf or the binders used eats carbide. go with a cheap blade on this one.......02 tod

Doug Shepard
01-14-2006, 3:08 PM
use a cheap blade, mdf or the binders used eats carbide. go with a cheap blade on this one.......02 tod

Muchos gracias. El cheapo it will be.

Mark Singer
01-14-2006, 3:25 PM
Doug,
I have 2 Trimasters....they are amazing...my Lenox and Timberwolfs just hanh on the wall....second string backups...I do keep a 1/2" 10 tpi "joint Blade" on my smaller bandsaw...MDF is tough on all blades.

Jim Becker
01-14-2006, 4:14 PM
As stated MDF will eat cutters. BTW, that 1" Trimaster is only for straight cuts... ;)