PDA

View Full Version : Another Miniature.

Andy Howard
01-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Here is another minature. These things are great....now I have an avenue to use some small leftovers from pen turning.

This is a small bowl, pot, whatever you want to call it.

It is .365" tall, and .360" wide. That is a dime next to it in the photos. This thing is dwarfed by the other "small" turning I posted the other day.

Very hard to hollow this out, ended up doing it with a small drill bit; just had to drill a straight hole and call it hollow!

Andy

Bob Noles
01-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Andy,

You just keep killing me with those cool itty bitties......

Curious minds need to know.... is that thing hollowed out as well? :eek:

Ernie Nyvall
01-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Wow, that's an itty bitty in the itty bitty world.

Ernie

Keith Burns
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Man that looks great, although it does seem a bit large:D :D

Jim Dunn
01-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Are you guys and gals using a microscope to see these as you turn them?? I can't hardly see em with my TRI-focals.

Nice work though!!

Jim

Jesse Merino
01-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Did you paint those designs on them, or were they part of whatever it is that you made it out of??

Hmmm here I am, trying to turn something that is the size of a log, and your doing things that are about the size of some teenagers acne...ROTFLOL!!!

As some one once said, give him some money so that he can turn BIG STUFF, and quit making everyone envious and looking like they dont knoww a thing about this hobby...:) :)....

Some day, (just before I am ready to kick the bucket, in my old age and cant see what I am doing with out a magnifier, and have to use one), maybe I can learn to do some turnings, that will be the size of a cup!!

Never something that small, that I can hide it behind a dime...I would be happy to hide mine behind a garage door....Just before it goes in the burning barrel, eh? ;)

That is some fine work, and you sure do take your time and turn out stuff that is excellent for the museums...Jesse

Bill Stevener
01-14-2006, 8:40 PM
Hi Andy,
Great to see you have turned another mini, really looks good.

I was at a hands on expo. at Woodcraft part of the day and just returned home. Had a great afternoon with Bruce S. and chatted with a number of old friends. Will post some photos later this evening. Found some, what I believe will make great micro turning tools. will post a report after I try them out.
Back to another big project.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Hank Walczak
01-14-2006, 9:01 PM
Andy - Impressive... You need to do these in pairs. Glue pierced earing posts on them and you are now in the jewelry business!!:D:D

Hank

Carole Valentine
01-14-2006, 9:33 PM
Andy, if it's just drilled instead of hollowed, it's officially a "weed pot". Now I challenge you to find a weed to fit in it!:D:D:D

Corey Hallagan
01-14-2006, 9:52 PM
Y ikes, that's tiny. Nice work!

Corey

Andy Howard
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Bob - it is drilled hollow, dont have any tools that will fit inside other than a drill bit.

Jesse - that is the material. No paint on this one, just sanded and polished for a finish. It is a celuloid material used to make pens. I have some very small pieces left over from making pens, so I use them to make mini's. They start out about 3/4" cubes.

Bill - Good! I need to know more about micro tools and where to get them.

Carole - Weed Pot it is! I think that was the name I was looking for earlier....just couldnt remember it.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. Now go turn some mini's.
Andy

Ken Fitzgerald
01-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Turners......Weed Pots.........I suspected same! He probably got the idea from the other Andy!

Andy Hoyt
01-14-2006, 10:55 PM
A seed would fit. Hence its new name - Seed Pot. Pot Seed? - Oh! That'll get Fitzgerald going!

Andy - Try sharpening a flat onto a drill bit or allen wrench.

Dick Parr
01-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Great job Andy...

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Great work Andy.

Bruce

John Hart
01-15-2006, 7:26 AM
Nice looking Pot Weed Seed Pot Itty Bitty Thingie!!! I like the earring idea! :)

Chris Barton
01-15-2006, 9:03 AM
Incredible...