PDA

View Full Version : North Bennett St School Tool Chest

Christopher Charles
10-04-2021, 7:35 PM
Hi all,

I don't usually build from plans, but can endorse the Tommy Mac tool chest, which is his take on the NBSS chest. I built mine from local air dried walnut and birch that came out of my yard. I did as a hand tool 'challenge project', with about 90% of the effort neander. One challenge was just finishing it--took two shops and more than three years! You can see the build saga here:

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?275506-NBSS-Tool-Chest-Build

Many thanks to all at SMC for the inspiration, instruction and entertainment. Hope to see your project soon.

Best,
Chris

Mark Rainey
10-04-2021, 9:44 PM
Quite the showpiece Chris! Intricate joinery with the milk chocolate tones of air dried walnut...with a tool chest like that you would never get me out of the workshop! Obviously good things take time.

John TenEyck
10-05-2021, 10:20 AM
That's some really, really nice work there Chris. A fitting use for some AD walnut harvested locally. Somehow, I can't imagine leaving it my shop to store tools in though.

John

Christopher Charles
10-05-2021, 3:25 PM
Mark and John,

Thanks for kind words-high praise given the quality of work you each produce. I appreciate it.

I originally planned for the chest to live under my bench, but as the living room is now my home office, it will be in the house.

Best,
Chris