PDA

View Full Version : In Columbus, OH on Saturday...Meet Others/Wood swap???

Dick Strauss
01-13-2006, 10:57 PM
I'll be in Columbus, Ohio for a few hours on Saturday (tomorrow). Is there anybody in the area interested in giving me a shop tour or swapping some wood? I've got willow, box elder, mulberry, silver maple, apple, locust, etc., that I'd be willing to trade for something different.

I'll be in the Columbus area from 2-4pm if anyone is interested in meeting another Creeker. I'm sorry for the late notice but I just came up with the idea.

Dick

Joe Tonich
01-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Man...my son has a BB game at 4 tomorrow. Maybe we can hook up this summer some time. Toledo isn't THAT far from Parma Hts. :D Me likes meetin other WW'ers. :D :D

Dick Strauss
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
That sounds like a good plan Joe! We'll have to do that. I don't know where Parma Hts is but Columbus is about a 1.5-2 hour drive from here.

Is Parma Hts near Cleveland like yahoo maps shows?

Jesse Merino
01-14-2006, 6:35 AM
Well, looks like my Son wont be going back to Kent State today, because of the snow..

Dick, I applaud you if your going to Columbus today with the snow...(I always check the radar before I go anywhere in the Winter, and it looks like cleveland is getting its fair share of snow today)....

I need to find some wood turners around Steubenville Ohio... Or, with in 30 miles or less...sheesh!!! ....Jesse

John Hart
01-14-2006, 7:11 AM
That sounds like a good plan Joe! We'll have to do that. I don't know where Parma Hts is but Columbus is about a 1.5-2 hour drive from here.

I work about 10 minutes away from Parma. Hey...maybe the three of us could hook up for some demolition out at the tree lot in the next month or so?

Robert Mickley
01-14-2006, 8:45 AM
Well, looks like my Son wont be going back to Kent State today, because of the snow..

Dick, I applaud you if your going to Columbus today with the snow...(I always check the radar before I go anywhere in the Winter, and it looks like cleveland is getting its fair share of snow today)....

I need to find some wood turners around Steubenville Ohio... Or, with in 30 miles or less...sheesh!!! ....Jesse

Snow? oh that white stuff,,
I'm not that awful far from you Jesse,
Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 9 minutes Total Est. Distance: 49.86 miles Per mapquest.

Joe Tonich
01-14-2006, 12:10 PM

Dick.....Yep, on the outside of Cleveland. Takes about the same amount of time to get here from there, & versa-visa ;). Heck.......if ya have a mini, we could meet 1/2 way at East Harbor and have a mini turning campout. My sons love the beach there!

John.....that sounds good! :D Need a weekend where it is not gonna snow. I plow the highways and they don't like snow on em.

Joe

Dick Strauss
01-15-2006, 12:54 AM
John and Joe,
that sounds like a plan...we should make a day of it. Maybe I'll throw a variety of pieces in my car to do a swap or giveaway. I have a Delta 1440 that isn't quite portable but we can make something work.

Jesse,
I never let the snow stop me from doing what I want to do!!! A link is posted below for a Pittsburgh, PA group of turners. I don't know if Pitt, PA is close enough to you. There may be members closer to you that might be available to mentor you, etc. If you contact them, they might be able to get you pointed in the right direction even if they can't help directly. They meet at:

<CENTER></CENTER><CENTER>"Max Woodworking"
1000 Transit Blvd (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=1000+Transit+&city=Bethel+Park&state=PA&zipcode=15102&homesubmit.x=38&homesubmit.y=12)
Bethel Industrial Park
Bethel Park, PA 15102</CENTER>
You might also look at the Keith Outten's SMCreek Mentor list to see if anyone is near you. I wish I could be a little more help to you. Best of Luck!!!!

http://www.turnersanonymous.org/