View Full Version : Powermatic 2820EVS drill press price increase

Rod Dilyard
10-01-2021, 11:53 AM
Yesterday I decided to pull the trigger on a the 2820EVS even though no one has them in stock. I was originally going to wait until closer to the holidays and see if there were going to be any sales, but after reading all the stories about supply chain interruptions I decided not to wait any longer. The vendor I purchased from notified me that they wouldn't have it until October 20th, but I would be added to the list and get one as soon they have them. $2199 and free shipping already billed to my card. This morning I got the sale flyer from Woodcraft and it shows the same drill press has gone up to $2709.99! Still not available until late October, but they also have a 100th anniversary version for $2699.99 ($10 less for some reason) available now according to the website. I just checked the vendor I purchased from and they posted the same price increase this morning.

Of course I still don't have it, but assuming the vendor honors the deal I just "saved" $500.

I have a feeling that we're going to see some pretty hefty price increases in the coming months for everything.

George Yetka
10-01-2021, 12:04 PM
Supply chain being as disrupted as it is (mostly lack of employees, or so its reported) and further people losing jobs due to covid vaccine mandates I don't see how it will get better. I have the pm2800 got it on sale 4 years ago for 1200 I think, this version is expensive. The quality of the PM drill is very good.

Tom Bender
10-05-2021, 8:14 AM
Congrats on the purchase and on the savings. You're going to love it.