PDA

View Full Version : Football Playoffs Tomorrow Hawks/Skins

Joe Pelonio
01-13-2006, 5:49 PM
:D I just had to laugh out loud. The local Sports radio station brought in a priest, a rabbi and protestant minister (I know, it sounds like a joke but it's not!) to their studio to pray for the Seahawks to win tomorrow. The priest and the rabbi said really nice formal prayers, sounded like you would hear at a service but with words like "world peace" and "health" replaced with "touchdowns" and "sacks". That was pretty funny to hear. But then the minister starts off by saying (paraphrasing) "Dear Lord, we know it's silly to pray for the Seahawks to win when we already know they will, but ..."
Then he proceeded to ask for things like setting records, a blowout and so on. Finally he says (and this is where I had to laugh) "Lastly Lord, please
do not listen to any prayers offered by the Redskin fans".

Jim Dunn
01-13-2006, 5:51 PM
He sure didn't listen to me and my son, we're Chief's fans.

Lee DeRaud
01-13-2006, 6:29 PM
Just like it says on the money: "In Gibbs We Trust".:cool:

Jerry Olexa
01-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Blasphemy!!:D

Joe Pelonio
01-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Looks like their prayers worked though. It seemed like it was going to take some divine intervention to win it after Alexander got hurt.

Lee DeRaud
01-15-2006, 1:24 PM
Looks like their prayers worked though. It seemed like it was going to take some divine intervention to win it after Alexander got hurt.No kidding. The 'Skins peaked at the right time of the season, they just didn't peak quite high enough.:(

Still oughta get the "Overachievers of the Year" award though, and I think Gibbs should be on the short list for Coach of the Year (if they didn't pick it already).