PDA

View Full Version : My TS won't start

Howard Rosenberg
09-13-2021, 6:50 PM
My Delta CS won't start.

It worked fine Saturday. But today, I lifted off the belt to grind something off the motor's mounting plate. And when I reinstalled the blade, I noticed the arbor wouldn't rotate - at all.

Went back to the motor side. The belt was only on the motor's pully, not the arbor's.

DUH.

Put the belt back on both pullies and heard a little "click." I pressed the little button on the motor.

The saw won't start.

Checked the fuses.

Tried a different extension cord.

Nothing.

If anybody knows where I should look to fix this, I'd really appreciate your help.

Carroll Courtney
09-13-2021, 8:05 PM
Wonder if maybe the pulley on the arbor has work its way into the housing that holds the arbor bearing and has it in bind? So this happened after you did some grinding on the motor bracket?

Howard Rosenberg
09-13-2021, 8:16 PM
Thank you Carroll

Both pullies turn freely

Bill Dufour
09-13-2021, 10:43 PM
Did your metallic grinding dust short out switches? Pushbutton switch or toggle?
Bill D.

Howard Rosenberg
09-13-2021, 11:19 PM
Not sure, Bill.

The open side of the motor is on the other side I ground the bolt on

But thank you

Richard Hart
09-14-2021, 7:19 AM
Maybe metal chips got into thr motor somehow. If you have a powerful shopvac, hold the hose up to the motor vent. Might just suck out any foreign matter.
I did that with my dad's saw when I was refurbishing it.

Bob Youngquist
09-14-2021, 7:21 AM
Recently had the same problem. The motor fills up with dust. You might have success blowing it out with compressed air but if that doesn't work, you might need a motor repair shop if you can find one. Be careful when buying a new motor, most of the ones at the big box and farm stores turn the wrong way.

Howard Rosenberg
09-15-2021, 1:58 PM
Thank you to everybody for your advice.

Just tried more electrical diagnostics. Used the same extension cord on a lamp.
No change.

Plugged the extension cord into the other circuit.
Voila!
The lamp comes on!

Plug another machine into the same circuit as the tablesaw.
Nothing.

Change both fuses.

Great success! (in the words of Borat)

Thanks for all your help.