PDA

View Full Version : What should i check for when buying my new/used G0555 bandsaw

Josh Goldsmith
01-13-2006, 1:40 AM
Tomorrow is the big day:D . I am driving 4hrs to pic up my new/used grizzly G0555 bandsaw. What should i check for when i get the bandsaw. Any tips would be appreicated A.S.A.P. I leave in the morning around 6am. Thanks Josh

Vaughn McMillan
01-13-2006, 3:43 AM
Josh, I'm a relative rookie when it comes to saw evaluation, but if it's possible to run it, by all means do that. If it's not set up, I'd at least check to see that the wheels don't wobble and they spin as you'd expect them to. I noticed on my Shop Fox, the bare upper wheel (no blade) will spin for over 2 minutes with just a moderate finger push. I don't know how other saws would compare, but obviously you want it to spin freely. Grinding noises would be a bad thing. Check to see that the guides are complete. You can download the G0555 User's Manual to see what the complete set should look like. Of course if they're not complete, they are replacable and upgradable, too. Check to see that the table and trunion assembly looks sound. Same with the fence (if it's included). Adjust stuff. Kick the tires and tune the radio. See how it all feels.

Good luck and have fun shopping -

- Vaughn

P.S. Make sure you have some wood to play with when you get it home. You're gonna be chomping at the bit to cut some stuff up. ;)