PDA

View Full Version : Magport question

Bernie Kopfer
09-09-2021, 12:01 PM
Has anyone here been using the the Magport system in their shop? If so, do they hold well , do they seal well, and are they worth the price?

Dave Mills
09-09-2021, 3:21 PM
I use a couple MagPorts for 2-1/2" flex hose connections that share a connection to my steel DC pipe. They work great, hold perfectly well, and don't leak (well, I've never really checked, but certainly no obvious leaking). And even a year or so of use, every time I hear the *click* of them connecting, I have a little smile.

Bob Falk
09-09-2021, 5:31 PM
I just bought a bunch for my new dust collection system. They seal well and hold tight. I was tired of clamping and unclamping band clamps every time I wanted to use a machine (all my machines are all on casters in a smaller shop). I spent about $300 for all I needed, which was a little hard to swallow for dust connections, but they are very well built and I figured by the time I bought the materials (mdf, magnets, hose unions) and spent the time making them, it was easier to just buy them.

Cliff Polubinsky
09-09-2021, 6:05 PM
I've been using them on my Hammer A3 31 for a few years. It makes it easy to shift the hose from jointer to planer mode. Never had a problem. Highly recommend them. Pricey but worth it.

Cliff

roger wiegand
09-09-2021, 7:07 PM
I use them to switch 4 and 5" hoses amonf several machines. They work well for me, especially after I've forgotten how much they cost. It was cheaper than running a bunch more hard piped connections.

Josh Molaver
09-09-2021, 8:29 PM
I switched over to them for all my tools at 4" ... they are exceptional. Make it very easy to connect/disconnect.

Bernie Kopfer
09-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Will add them to my Christmas list and see what happens. Thanks for the reply’s

Bob Hinden
09-11-2021, 12:51 PM
I use them to connect my 5" dust collection hose to my J/P, router table, drill press, and table saw. I really like them, and think they are well worth the money.