PDA

View Full Version : Might be a while, until the next project....

steven c newman
08-30-2021, 10:12 PM
Due to a fall a while back....right knee is messed up enough that even Rust Hunting has been halted...let alone going down the stairs into the shop...Meeting with the "Knee Doctor" on the 31st to see how he intends to fix it. Am walking with a cane, and NOT very well at that....Will advise what I find out....

Jebediah Eckert
08-30-2021, 10:26 PM
Good luck Steven, get better, we will miss your rust and project posts.

Mel Fulks
08-30-2021, 10:53 PM
Sorry you are hurt. While needing the cane …. don’t try to do any of Fred Astaire’s cane dancing ! But seeing them on you tube is good
for you !

Bruce Page
08-30-2021, 11:52 PM
Take it easy. I hope it goes well for you on the 31st.

Scott Winners
08-31-2021, 2:11 AM
Good luck kind sir. I carved three spoons as a beginner and decided I will carve my fourth when I am confined to a wheelchair. Not that your knee can't be fixed, just if you are non weight bearing for a little while... Good luck and best wishes.

George Yetka
08-31-2021, 6:26 AM
I had read at some point someone had a similar trouble, they took up carving on the couch.

Hopefully things get better

Thomas Wilson
08-31-2021, 7:56 AM
Some other folks around here will have to up their production substantially to fill the need for entertaining content. We should give a little back to entertain you as you convalesce. But I hope you are back in the Dungeon soon.

Jim Koepke
08-31-2021, 2:33 PM
Get well soon Steven.

jtk

Stew Denton
08-31-2021, 3:13 PM
Hi Steven,

Sorry to hear that your knee is bummed up for now. Take it easy until you see the doc, and in the meantime keep us informed when you find anything out. +1 on get well soon.

Stew

Andrew Pitonyak
08-31-2021, 3:30 PM
No fun... you will miss the big show this weekend then? Yeah, that is an assumption / question.

steven c newman
08-31-2021, 6:23 PM
50/50 chance on the Big Show......Knee brace is back on, getting the ice-packs chilled down. Possible tear in the back of the knee....large blood clot IN the knee making it a bit...fat...about twice the size of the Left knee...PT starts tomorrow morning...no surgery until AFTER the Blood Thinners have ended....Been a busy day....I'm on Chair Parade until PT starts up....

lowell holmes
08-31-2021, 7:50 PM
Take advantage of it and get SWMBO's sympathy.

Christopher Charles
09-01-2021, 1:19 AM
Hoping for a speedy recovery!

best,
Chris

steven c newman
09-01-2021, 5:42 PM
Today was an Evaluation Exam....Rehab starts Friday

What seems to bother them the most is the Blood Clots in and about the knee....currently walking with a cane and a knee brace....we'll see how Friday goes....Twice weekly Muggings..

May dig back a couple years...and post a different Project Build-along....if anyone wants to see "re-runs" that is...

James Pallas
09-01-2021, 6:56 PM
You can call it NCB, Newman Classic Builds. Just like the TV show that has some really old great shows. I remember the one A River Runs Through It, Steven’s shop that is. Hope you don’t get hung up for too long.
Jim

Todd Zucker
09-01-2021, 10:20 PM
I vote for re-runs and a speedy recovery.

steven c newman
09-02-2021, 8:57 AM
Hmm...might go back a few years, but...
How does anybody feel about...Leftovers? It would be a new post, but.....:confused:

Could have gone a lot further back in time...but, the external Hard drive with all those photos has a Failure..and I can't access the pictures in it.....So, maybe this simple, little table might have to do?

Scott Winners
09-02-2021, 9:18 PM
I am fine with left overs from your shop Mr. Newman. I have been working too many hours for 18 months and counting here, so any diversion is welcome. Plus you might also get some ideas of things to go do once your knee is skookum again.

Tim Best
09-02-2021, 11:13 PM
Feel better soon, Steven. I will take leftovers/re-run builds. Maybe “Bandit’s Best Builds” or “Dungeon Do-over” as the thread title?😏 Seriously though endure the twice weekly “mugging” (as you call it). PT can be very helpful.

Tim