PDA

View Full Version : New shop chair

Jack Frederick
08-28-2021, 10:00 PM
I am on my feet when in the shop, but do have an old rolling stool that I perch on occasionally. I happened to be on the stool when a wheel collapsed and I was way out of shape. I was definitely going down backwards so my rt hand flashed out and came up hard against the edge of the jointer bed. I have a clean break of the 5th metacarpal just below the knuckle. 4-6 weeks in a cast. The old stool is recycled and I am shocked at what I spent on the new one, but it is a fabulous platform. Mine adjusts from 24-36” height. If I was still doing automotive I’d have gone with the lower unit but this stool is heavy, very solid & stable. There are no locking casters and this thing gets around pretty easily. It is very comfortable. Vyper Industrial out Green Bay.

Kevin Jenness
08-28-2021, 10:23 PM
Sorry about your freak injury- hope it heals ok. Not quite as odd as the cat on the tablesaw. Every shop needs a moaning chair.

Jim Becker
08-29-2021, 8:30 AM
'Hope things heal well and quickly, Jack! And that's a darn snazzy and comfortable looking shop stool!!!

Bill Dufour
08-29-2021, 10:36 AM
I like my rolling office chair at my home computer. standard hydraulic lift office chair but it has six legs and six casters. less likely to tip. Never seen one like it.
Bill D

Bernie Kopfer
08-29-2021, 12:58 PM
That thing looks like it could hold up a car, nice to see something built to last. Until your hand heals you could race the kids on scooters to the mailbox. They would probably want to trade.

richard poitras
08-29-2021, 4:13 PM
Hers a link... https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjt_ImmhNfyAhXGbG8EHdREBTAYABAEGgJqZg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD2JbEUjvVFgLHGrs1r6udy_k3_PIII1ZqkD6TI7p L-yWVArQ_XFsyC5zdMgsfs1jUeXhqy91IJYJy6UrtW0i0&sig=AOD64_3tvMwWtT3WZeOyIY7catVv3wl3bg&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjxgoCmhNfyAhVTaM0KHSxFAp4Q9aACegQIARBR&adurl=