PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
08-23-2021, 12:38 AM
23 Aug 2021

Greetings,
It's been way too hot and humid to do any real work in my shop this week. I have to work in short bursts in my shop this time of year and I need to get this cabinet work done and out of my shop. Took time to work on a few things in the house, help The LOML work on stuff and help her get back in the swing of going to college again after her long summer break from school. Relaxed a bit on Sunday after church and it's back to the day job again. It's supposed to be really hot and humid here this week and that means I may need to figure something out with working in my shop to finish these cabinets for my customer.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Lisa Starr
08-23-2021, 6:16 AM
Dennis, I hope you get a break in the weather so your shop becomes more comfortable.

I've been working on making a pair of parallel positioners for my new sliding table saw, so no time in my shop. The mill is in DH's shop so I've been hanging out in there. Those should be done in another week or so and then I'll be headed back into my shop to start wood projects again. It has been a long hiatus.

Charles Taylor
08-23-2021, 7:25 AM
Aside from touching up the finish on one of the doors which required a little more adjustment with a rabbet plane, and continuing the oiling regimen for the top, I completed the buffet portion of my marathon kitchen buffet/hutch project.
In true Southern tradition, I have it up on blocks (shorty sawhorses, actually, because I don't have enough cinder blocks on hand) while I give the finish more time to cure.

joe maday
08-23-2021, 8:45 AM
Although certainly not this past weekend, I recently finished this Bombe Chest of drawers, Genuine mahogany, pine secondary wood. hand joinery and scraped molding profiles. Hot hide glue, shellac/French polish finish. Extruded brass locks from England. Brasses, from England, sand cast from originals in proper alloy.....Thanks for looking

Jim Becker
08-23-2021, 8:48 AM
Stay cool, Dennis!

This past week was somewhat busy...cut and delivered a bunch of personalization stuff off the CNC for a friend, cut and worked on the neck for my bass guitar project, got a whole bunch of artwork hung in the house and celebrated "new tool day". Here's an old tool (me) on the new tool after tooling around for a bit...

This week I'm back to working on the bass as well as the side table; the latter is in process of getting finish on it. I'm sure there will be other excitement, too.

Bruce Wrenn
08-23-2021, 8:51 PM
Busy week with Dr appointments. Bio on ulcer on nose, and several pre cancers frozen off. Wife got a shot in her knee, which she has FINALLY decided to have replaced. Got the engineered hardwood down in the hall. Bought a WEN flooring stapler to do job, but am sending back. The edge guide is worthless, and after about the fourth board with staples in the face rather than the tongue, I said no way am I keeping this POS. Two boards from finishing, it did it again. Meant that not only did I have to take up those boards, but the preceding row also. Wasted about 1/4 of a box of hardwood with staples in face. Luckily, I was able to salvage part for last strip next to wall. Rained four days last week, so this week, it's time to cut grass. Had #3 grandson over for lunch yesterday. Served Red Beans and Rice. Today, sent some to friends who absolutely love RBR. Saturday made chicken tetrazzini for self and a couple of the widows in our small group. Went to Sunday school and worship service, along with quarterly conference last night. Baked a couple of cakes, one of which was for a friend's son. Both of them FELL, meaning I got up this morning and baked a replacement cake. Hoping to finish up hall this week, so I can finish power washing house next week.