PDA

View Full Version : Psi

Jason Christenson
01-12-2006, 3:53 PM
Is it just me or is Penn State Industries the sloooowest possible way to get anything. I ordered online on Monday and it still hasn't shipped! :mad:

Greg Sorenson
01-12-2006, 4:19 PM
PSI seems to be very slow. I've ordered from there twice and it was very slow. I never got confirmation emails. I contacted there customer service dept twice and never got any reply. There is several threads on other forums stating just how bad there cs is. I for one will never buy from them again.

Greg

Jeff Sudmeier
01-12-2006, 4:32 PM
They are VERY slow! I never received an order, thankfully they re-shipped it.

Anthony Welch
01-12-2006, 4:43 PM
I ordered approx. $500.00, of pen supplies, vise, tools, and the non-vs Jet lathe 12/02/2005. Everything delivered 12/15/2005, but the lathe, out of stock until 01/22/2006. Thought I could be patient until this past Friday and called to change to the Jet-VS, which was in stock, but was supposed to be shipped yesterday, but yet has to be shipped. I'll have to find some more patience. PSI has an order tracking page on their site.

Jason Christenson
01-12-2006, 5:02 PM
I guess I'm not really complaining, I new they were slow when I ordered from them as this was my third order.

On another note, I ordered a cigar pen kit from Craft Supply about 3 minutes ago. I wonder which order I'll receive first.

Rick Duncan
01-12-2006, 6:43 PM
Is it just me or is Penn State Industries the sloooowest possible way to get anything. I ordered online on Monday and it still hasn't shipped! :mad:
I've started ordering anything I want from PSI from Pens of Color :) (http://pocwoodworking.com/) and have had very good service.

Rick

Rich Stewart
01-12-2006, 9:39 PM
I'm not sure what's up with them. For a while I would order something on tuesday and it would be at my door Thursday. I am only about 70 miles from them. Since the new year I, too, have had to wait for my stuff. Somebody said they shut down for inventory at the end of the year. Huh? Seems like you would lose a lot of money like that but, whatever.I will guve them another chance later when I order some more stuff. Hope they dont disappoint. There's too much competition out there.

Corey Hallagan
01-12-2006, 11:44 PM
I received my Turncrafter Pro on Tuesday. I ordered it on 12-22-05 and it shipped on 1- 5 and arrived 1-11. I do realize that PSI was closed for inventory from the 23rd to the 2nd or 3rd of jan. Anyway, it is here now, but I have ordred supplies from Craft Suppliess USA, Woodturningz and Pens of Color all being PSI resellers and they were all very fast, Woodturningz being the quickest, 3 days.
Corey

Bernie Weishapl
01-13-2006, 12:21 AM
I ordered from PSI my pen kits, chuck, drill bits and S shaped tool rest on 12/19/2005 and received it on 1/10/06. I had ordered pen press, pen kits and blanks on 12/02/2005 and didn't get them until 12/23/2005. I ordered supplies from Woodturningz and had that order in 3 days. PSI is just plain slow. Another thing that irritates me about them is a lot of times they don't answer the phones in customer service.

Kirk (KC) Constable
01-13-2006, 1:25 AM
I ordered approx. $500.00, of pen supplies, vise, tools, and the non-vs Jet lathe 12/02/2005. Everything delivered 12/15/2005, but the lathe, out of stock until 01/22/2006. Thought I could be patient until this past Friday and called to change to the Jet-VS, which was in stock, but was supposed to be shipped yesterday, but yet has to be shipped. I'll have to find some more patience. PSI has an order tracking page on their site.

This feature hasn't worked for me in the past. Phone calls to customer 'service' were frustrating at best. Also learned the other day from my friendly rural Post Office lady that some of the Priority Mail is handled by a contractor, not the USPS. Sometimes the contractor doesn't necessarily update the tracking...so you can't track anything until it actually arrives at the destination Post Office and gets updated...and by then you already know you have it.

Personally, after the last three slimline pen kits I'll ever turn get to me (supposedly enroute, but not trackable :mad: ), I won't be trading with PennState anymore. Too many other folks out there with timely service and competent help answering the phone.

KC

Jerry Clark
01-13-2006, 11:44 AM
I have bought from this company http://www.augumspenworks.com/apwwebsite_015.htm and the service has been great-- order one day and receive it the next! They are in Southern California. NO affiliation. They also have kaleidoscope parts, but no lathes.

Jason Christenson
01-13-2006, 5:59 PM
Today I finally got the email proclaiming that my order has been shipped! This is my third order and I swear that my confirmation email hasn't yet come from the same email address twice.

Dick Strauss
01-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Jason,
I think PSI is slow as well. I placed an order with PSI last Friday about 4pm. Obviously it wasn't going to go out Friday so I assumed it would ship Monday since everything was in stock. I called this morning to find out that it shipped EOD yesterday (Thursday). This order is scheduled for delivery eight of PSIs business days later (Mon). They will still be close to making their specified 5-7 business days but it is still disappointing. The gal on the phone kept repeating the mantra "5-7 business days". I can understand quoting that as a general rule. Needless to say, I assumed it would take just a few days since I live in Ohio. Boy was I ever wrong.

On the other end of the spectrum is Hartville tools. I ordered a chuck and some misc supplies from them in early December. That order was delivered one or two days later with no rush service. They know how to get things done.