PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a turning site but

dennis kranz
01-12-2006, 1:44 PM
I wanted to show you guys the project that I have been working on. Now I have cut a few of these but this one is a little differant. I was chosen by the family to make this for there daughter who passed very shortly after birth. They had seen one of my cuttings and asked if the initials could be added. I kind of fussed over this piece more so then if it was just another and still a couple of boo boos. All in all it came out ok.
Cut from 1/2 inch Red Oak with the initials being 1/4 inch Walnut. The piece is about 9 1/2 long by 7 inchs tall. I won't post anymore flat work on this turning forum. I have read so many of your posts that I wanted to post something other than a question.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/cointroller/wood%202/prayinghandsint.jpg

Jeff Sudmeier
01-12-2006, 2:18 PM
Just one question, do you have a pattern for that? I have a cousin-in-law that passed away. His parents would love this.

Andy Hoyt
01-12-2006, 3:53 PM
Thanks for posting it Dennis. Given the circumstances I'm sure you fussed over the details like crazy and I'm hopeful that the family was grateful. I know mine would be.

Bob Noles
01-12-2006, 4:52 PM
Dennis,

After seeing your picture I was really touched and set back. That is a most beautiful, magnificiet and very touching piece.

If you decide to share a pattern for it I would love to be included.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Keith Burns
01-12-2006, 5:56 PM
What Bob said for sure.

John Hart
01-12-2006, 6:39 PM
Very nice Dennis. Such a difficult time. I trust it will help in its own way.

dennis kranz
01-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. I just wanted it to look good for the family.

Jeff and Bob check your emails. Let me know. For older member of family consider useing a picture fram instead of clock.

Ernie Nyvall
01-14-2006, 8:49 AM
Vry nice Dennis.

Ernie