PDA

View Full Version : Need help purchasing a set of Japanese chisels

john hejmanowski
08-17-2021, 4:51 PM
Going to part time in September. Apparently the Japan company I work for, Daifuku, considers that retirement. So, I have a $3,000 budget for a company purchased retirement gift. I am thinking a set of Japanese bench chisels would be appropriate. I do have contacts in Japan that could purchase locally if that helps.

Help me spend the money. What should I buy and from who? Used is okay, even better if there is a good history.

Currently I have a set of Bergs and a set of Footprints. So I really don't need another set. But retirement from a Japan company, Japanese chisels seems right.

Thanks.

John H

Michael Bulatowicz
08-17-2021, 6:50 PM
I'd suggest you contact Stan Covington at covingtonandsons(dot)com. I am very happy with my purchase: superb chisels at a reasonable price. Stan is extremely knowledgeable, happy to help, and is a great guy to deal with.

Todd Zucker
08-17-2021, 7:46 PM
I second that suggestion.

john hejmanowski
08-17-2021, 8:26 PM
I have reached out to Stan. I hope his website is up to date regarding stock or out-of-stock.

Jack Frederick
08-18-2021, 10:50 AM
In my business I represented a couple Japanese companies. What they typically did with their senior management staff was at 61 you went to a four day week, 62 on to 3 days, 63, 2 days, 64, 1 and 65 you were done, but they were always available afterward.