PDA

View Full Version : Best 24 tooth 7 1/4" blade value (i.e. $ per cut)

Nick Sorenson
08-10-2021, 8:29 AM
By value I don't necessarily mean the cheapest, but which blade has had a good long life vs price paid. I've used Dewalt 24t blades for years and they seem to be ok but I don't have enough experience with other blades. Would $10 per Freud Diablo or an Avanti (or something else) be better than say $5 per Dewalt?

Jim Becker
08-10-2021, 9:09 AM
Diablos seem to have a good rep for longevity, anecdotally speaking. These are not expensive things, so why not try one to see how well it works for what you do?

Erik Loza
08-10-2021, 9:13 AM
I've had good luck with Diablos but if there were a good deal on others, I'd look there too. It's just a jobsite circular saw, right?

Erik

Nick Sorenson
08-10-2021, 3:08 PM
I like to use 7 1/4 blade on everything (as well as regular old circular saw) when I'm cutting something like MDF or plywood. I find baltic birch to take chips out of the carbide sometimes and MDF to dull any and all cutters from blades to router bits fairly quickly. It's a little easier to pitch a $5 blade vs a $40 to $100 8 or 10" blade.

Bruce Wrenn
08-10-2021, 8:55 PM
The Diablo 24 tooths are the boss. Once Lowes ran a promotion: trade in any blade and get a free Irwin 7 1/4. Did it, and next day went back and asked if they still had my old Diablo. Best deal is to watch for Diablo's two for the price of one deal. The Avanti's are a Chinese knock off. Avoid them like the plague.

Dave Sabo
08-15-2021, 1:01 PM
Where does cut quality fall into your value proposition ?