PDA

View Full Version : Logging in Tokyo - The Video!

Vaughn McMillan
01-12-2006, 5:48 AM
Apologies to Stu Ablett in advance, but his logging efforts in Tokyo deserved a little snazzier production...

Logging in Tokyo - The Video (http://workingwoods.com/workingwoods/misc%20images/Logging%20in%20Tokyo%20-%20The%20Video.wmv) (about 2.5 MB Windows Media file...right-click, the select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", depending on your browser.)

:D

- Vaughn

Glenn Clabo
01-12-2006, 7:38 AM
Hey Vaughn...That's just plain COOL!

Jim Hager
01-12-2006, 7:39 AM
I know that stu will really love the work you put in on that. He loves to show off and that just makes him look better:D You guys rock

Jim Hinze
01-12-2006, 8:07 AM
That's just plain cool... great job on the video :)

Jeff Sudmeier
01-12-2006, 8:17 AM
That's great! Thanks for the smile! :)

Andy Hoyt
01-12-2006, 8:23 AM
When does the dvd come out?

John Miliunas
01-12-2006, 8:31 AM
Very neat, Vaughn! You do good work! :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
01-12-2006, 8:49 AM
Way Cool. What is the large cylinder above the mill???? Counter balance, oiler, muffler???
Thanks

Donnie Raines
01-12-2006, 8:53 AM
Very cool!!!!...did I hear a southern draw in your voice?:D :D

Steve Braman
01-12-2006, 9:10 AM
Where do you find time to do this and make sawdust.

Michael Cody
01-12-2006, 9:56 AM
Vaughn, you've got way tooooooooo.... much time on your hands.

Bill Simmeth
01-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Vaughn, great production! The musical score is perfect! And the appearance of the crusher in the background gives it that certain 60's Godzilla-movie feel. Stu will love it!

Cecil Arnold
01-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Vaughn, that's great, but as someone else said, you have way too much time on your hands.

rick fulton
01-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Two thumbs up!

Dan Oliphant
01-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Vaughn, this is absolutely wonderful. Very creative!!!! I'm sure Stu will enjoy it as much as we are.:D

nic obie
01-12-2006, 2:21 PM
Way to go Vaughn!

Vaughn McMillan
01-12-2006, 4:54 PM
Way Cool. What is the large cylinder above the mill???? Counter balance, oiler, muffler???
Thanks
Tyler, Tyler, Tyler...here you are, the Picture Police no less, asking a question that's been answered already in perhaps one of the most picture-centric threads (http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=27490) on SMC. What's up with that? :D

The big cylinder is Stu's third (I think) attempt at muffling the Log Hog so it doesn't frighten the locals. Apparently a chainsaw in Tokyo is about like carrying a rocket launcher through a busy shopping mall. People look at you weird, from what Stu says.

To all the others, thanks for the compliments. After watching both of Stu's videos (rear view and front view ;) ) I just felt it needed some music, and I happened to have a song that sounded Japanese. The fact that the music synched up so well with the video was mostly by accident, but I was smiling when I saw how it fit. As far as time, this was done in an hour or so, after it was way too late to work in the shop. I avoid running power tools real late to avoid disturbing the neighbors. I know I could run Neander tools at that hour, but my yelling and cursing would be nearly as loud as the router table. :rolleyes:

- Vaughn

Jason Tuinstra
01-12-2006, 4:58 PM
Vaughn, that has to be one of the funnier things that I've watched! Totally cool!!! You've earned all time status on the "you're the man" list. I love the "turbo" part. The sound of the ramped up motor sounded perfect with the music.

Vaughn McMillan
01-12-2006, 5:19 PM
...The sound of the ramped up motor sounded perfect with the music.Yeah, the saw is pretty closely in tune with the music, both the normal and the turbo modes. (I've seen rock bands that were more out of tune.) Made me grin bigtime when I first heard the two together. :p

- Vaughn

Don Baer
01-12-2006, 5:37 PM
Great Job Vaughn. I'm sure Stue's gonna love it.

Now go make some sawdust.

Bruce Page
01-12-2006, 5:40 PM
Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are...

Vaughn, you are too much! Way cool.

Has Stu seen it yet?

Rich Konopka
01-12-2006, 5:55 PM
Stu - You get the Emmy for Outstanding Reality Program

Vaughn - You get the Emmy for Picture Editing.

http://www.thepowerofchoice.net/images/Emmy.gif

Jim Becker
01-12-2006, 8:52 PM
Vaughn, awesome job!!! (The "turbo mode" was great...kinda like PowerRangers...LOL!)

Vaughn McMillan
01-13-2006, 1:19 AM
...(The "turbo mode" was great...kinda like PowerRangers...LOL!) Stu gets all the credit for the Turbo Mode...it was in both of his original vids. It was the audio portion of the Turbo part (hreeeeeee!) that made me think it needed some kind of soundtrack. :p

- Vaughn

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-13-2006, 4:27 AM
OK, now I've got to clean the coffee of my keyboard and monitor that I spit out when I laughed so hard both of my kids came running to see what was so funny, I had tears running down my face, and I think I pulled a muscle in my back laughing so hard!!

Man that is funny!

I'm going to send a link to my Dad, he'll get a real chuckle out of it.

Vaughn, you have WAY too much free time, but I love ya for it!

BTW, southern drawl...? Nope, I'm a misplaced Canuck!

Vaughn, you just made my day....no, my week! :D

Cheers!

John Piwaron
01-13-2006, 9:01 AM
Cool video. Thanks.

Jay Knoll
01-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Gread job Vaughn, new you've set a new standard for the pic police!

Thanks for the giggle

Jay

Tom Donalek
01-13-2006, 2:23 PM
Great job! It's fantastic to see a big 'ol gaijin slicing up trees in the middle of Tokyo with a screaming chainsaw - and, yeah! the demo machine in the background really does have a great Godzilla/T-Rex look to it! Hysterical! Thanks for putting that together and sharing!

Dick Strauss
01-14-2006, 2:54 AM
Vaughn,
That was the best laugh I've had in a while. As the Cable Guy would say "That there is funny". It is a good thing I didn't need to relieve myself, otherwise I might have peed my pants I was laughing so hard.

If you and Loy "the PhotoShop Guru" get together we'll all be in real trouble!

Dan Forman
01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Wonderful job Vaughn, above and beyond the call of duty.

Dan

Phil Maddox
01-15-2006, 7:32 AM
Absolutely awesome!!

Phil

Jim Dunn
01-15-2006, 9:27 AM
Vaughn I looked at this thread for the first time today to watch the movie. What have I been missing. It was great, outstanding job. Stu thanks for starring in such a neat production.

I see your head shot is already done so set back and wait for the next movie offer. Something like "Samuari chainsaw gaijing takes on Godzilla catapillar".

Jim