PDA

View Full Version : File sharpening - KUDOS to Boggs Tool Processing!!

John Keeton
08-06-2021, 1:59 PM
No affiliation - just very pleased with the service. I ran upon the name of this company in an older SMC post. They are located in Paramount CA . I have a half dozen files that have been around for years, including 4 metal files used largely for wood work, as well as a couple of half round carpenter files one of which I have had for at least 40 years. The carpenter files were favorites, but rarely used anymore simply because they were dull.

I sent them off to be sharpened and just today received them back. The results are amazing!!! The cost - $12.93.:eek: The two half rounds were heavy (10" and 14" long), so the return shipping was 1.5X the cost of the resharpening plus the shipping to them, but still worth the price. It is like Christmas getting the two half rounds back better than they ever were when new!

Phil Mueller
08-08-2021, 10:22 PM
Nice to know, John. Thanks for sharing this. I have a few that could definitely use some work.

Mike Henderson
08-09-2021, 12:04 AM
That's good to know - thanks!. They're about 25 miles from me.

Mike

Peter Milano
08-09-2021, 6:42 AM
I will second Boggs. I sent about 20 files to Boggs last year. Service was fantastic. I assumed they would want to be paid before shipping the files back to me and was told since it was a small job they would just include the invoice with the returned files. Who does that. I couldn't believe how good the files were and how relatively inexpensive the service was. Its great to take a $2 good quality garage sale file and have it returned to near new condition.

Peter