PDA

View Full Version : Desk Caddy

David Metzman
08-06-2021, 11:52 AM
After my wife threatened to throw out any more bowls, I had to come up with something utilitarian. A Desk Caddy. The wood was a little punky so it was hard to get a great finish on the inside parts. This is my first one. I think it may be nice if the paper clip ring was lower with the pen cup sticking out (very rough sketch attached). Of course you can think of many design variations. I have previously made some pen cups and small paper clip cups. Might be an ok product for production turners for craft fairs. Charry.

Dave Mount
08-06-2021, 1:15 PM
I like it! I agree that the same concept with the outer ring lowered might work well.

If you could put your mind to ways that spheres could be made useful, I'd appreciate that. . .

Dave

Stan Calow
08-07-2021, 11:13 AM
Great idea! I like making things that are more useful than just decorative.

Brice Rogers
08-07-2021, 7:57 PM
I like it! I agree that the same concept with the outer ring lowered might work well.

If you could put your mind to ways that spheres could be made useful, I'd appreciate that. . .

Dave
Have you thought of drilling a hole into the sphere for an ink pen ? You could either put a flat on the sphere to keep it upright or you could do some degree of hollowing and put weight in the bottom to do the same. The weight could be inserted through the pen opening.