PDA

View Full Version : I sold some tools this week

Jack Frederick
08-04-2021, 9:32 PM
Threw a few LN planes up this week which were quickly gobbled up. Didn’t really want to move them, but sitting in the foothills we are squarely in the crosshairs, so I figured I may as well start selling some things off before they burn up anyway. They have pulled in a couple of the C130 heavy tankers out of McClelland and all the smaller aircraft are on it for about 2.5 more hours, until dark. The wind has come up. We are packed up, pets, papers, bags and things are moved out in the yard like the tractors. All fuel cans etc in a hole I dug for them for containment. This one may be a tempest in a teapot, but the wind is up, so…

The photo is from the yard looking up the Sequoia. My shop is in the pic. Fingers crossed. The boss said it is time to go so we are buggin’ out.

Sam Force
08-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Definitely a sad situation you are in, ours prayers are with you

Mike Soaper
08-04-2021, 10:07 PM
That is getting a bit close, hope everything goes ok, be safe.

Jim Becker
08-05-2021, 9:24 AM
Jack, what's most important is that you, the boss and all the creatures are safe and out of harm's way. And hopefully, your property will be spared.

Malcolm Schweizer
08-05-2021, 9:30 AM
I cannot imagine what you are feeling right now. I am praying for you and your family.

Jack Frederick
08-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I came back this morning. Everything is ok, so far;) The fire crews really are extraordinary people. Not a lot of updates yet this morning on the fire, but for now a wind change has pretty much cleared the smoke at the house. Jim, you are correct about what is important, but leaving everything, the stuff, does play with your head. Malcolm, this time of the year I have about the same concerns for you as the Atlantic blows up. I was just looking at your bench build the other day as I’m currently glueing up for my new bench. Oh, well, another day in the Garden of Eden. It really is to bad that we don’t take better care of it.

Jebediah Eckert
08-05-2021, 5:11 PM
Man Jack, my thoughts will be with you.

Stephen Rosenthal
08-09-2021, 4:06 PM
I can relate. The 2017 Redwood Valley Complex Fire that took out a third of the Valley came within 1 mile of us. The entire valley was evacuated for a week. Luckily we also have a place in the Bay Area, so we had a place to escape to without being terribly inconvenienced. Watched the drama unfold on the Internet via satellite images and listened to CalFire deployment on a scanner app. Very nerve wracking and scary. I have a friend who lost everything in the 2018 fire that wiped Paradise off the map.

Jim Becker
08-09-2021, 4:37 PM
One of the things that's even more troubling that the firefighters are mentioning more and more is that these fires are not only fiercer, but they are getting a lot more unpredictable and wyly, too. No quesiton, if an evacuation order goes out, folks need to boogie quickly. Very sad, but I suspect it's going to be more of a way of life at this point.

Frederick Skelly
08-09-2021, 7:53 PM
I hope you and your home will be safe, Jack.

Pls keep us posted when you can.

Fred