PDA

View Full Version : So many posts but so little time.

rick fulton
01-11-2006, 10:38 PM
How do the moderators do it? The rate of posting on this site increases daily. Covering topics from design sketch ups to final finish coatings on some museum quality masterpieces.

As the rate of posting continues to grow so does this knowledge base. Just when it seems all aspects of woodworking have already been covered someone will submit the perfect question to uncover more juicy tidbits about the latest equipment, the proper techniques, the best sources, fantastic project photos, and just as importantly those wonderful shop photos.

Where else would it be perfectly normal to continue well reasoned debates about the superior engineering behind 60-year-old iron, the latest high tech gizmo, new forms of cabinet construction, and the deep secrets of Lou’s finish recipe.

I’ve tried several times to skip my daily browse of SMC’s “Today’s Posts”, but always get sucked back in, afraid I’ll miss a post with new glimpses of ww insight. I’ve even found myself following turner threads - - And I don’t even own one of those spinney things.

I know ranting and swearing is frowned upon on this site, but I swear this forum can be directly attributed to my tardiness on many of my household projects and chores. Now if you all don’t slow down your typing SWMBO may have to get out the frying pan.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I hear some mumbling in the kitchen. Got to go. Bye
rick

Vaughn McMillan
01-11-2006, 11:01 PM
I agree, Rick. There's so much info here, it's hard to absorb it all. SMC is pretty addictive, and once you start reading, it's hard stop.

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
01-11-2006, 11:02 PM
I’ve tried several times to skip my daily browse of SMC’s “Today’s Posts”, but always get sucked back in, afraid I’ll miss a post with new glimpses of ww insight. I’ve even found myself following turner threads - - And I don’t even own one of those spinney things.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I hear some mumbling in the kitchen. Got to go. Bye
rick

Hah! LOL! :D You think it's bad now! Just wait until we get you assimilated to that thar' spinny thing! :D You best start hiding the heavy kitchen skillets now!!!:D :cool:

Jim Dunn
01-11-2006, 11:36 PM
My wife bought a new copper skillet so she can dent it and still use it. Cast iron breaks.

And a great big thanks to all the moderators!!!

Jim

Frank Chaffee
01-12-2006, 1:14 AM
Rick,
Didn’t you receive the SMC memo?

All of us here who keep up on every post are subsidized by woodworking manufacturing sponsors.

[Usual disclaimer: I am not associated with any brand name product I don’t mention in my posts.]

Frank

Mark Singer
01-12-2006, 1:17 AM
I let you guys moderate yourselves...my Father used to say,"Everything in moderation".....so don't post so much:confused:

scott spencer
01-12-2006, 5:17 AM
:D You got that right...well said!

Tyler Howell
01-12-2006, 9:10 AM
Rick,
Didn’t you receive the SMC memo?

All of us here who keep up on every post are subsidized by woodworking manufacturing sponsors.

[Usual disclaimer: I am not associated with any brand name product I don’t mention in my posts.]

Frank

Good one Frank LOL!:D :p :D