PDA

View Full Version : Hard Maple Work Bench

Greg Pierce
01-11-2006, 8:45 PM
Here is my new, now used, workbench. I have a customer who owns a hardwood business so I traded some landscape work for some 6/4 maple and Mahogany. Ripped the random length Maple into 3" pieces, put them on edge and laminated them. Put them together in 8 pc. sections so I could run them through my planer, then glued up the sections. That was interesting!
So it was new, now it has burn marks from my branding iron, I drilled clear through something and into the table. But, that's what it's for, just a shame to mess up a pretty thing. Now it's getting a little character. I still need another vise.

Kent Parker
01-11-2006, 8:57 PM
Nice bench Greg.

I like the look of your shop...Really comfortable;)

Cheers,

Kent

Charles Harper
01-11-2006, 8:57 PM
Finally a picture of a real workshop! Sawdust, disorder and all. Nice bench by the way, i use one i slapped together about ten years ago, and am always drooling over those articles on nice workbenches.

Jim Dunn
01-11-2006, 9:00 PM
A very nice and rugged looking work bench. Made to be used and abused and still be left standing.

Jim

Greg Pierce
01-11-2006, 9:11 PM
OOOOHHHHH there's LOTS of comfort in my shop, and lot's of sawdust and disorder. If I got rid of all of that I would be able to fit in a few more tools. HA! I just swept up 7 big garbage bags of shavings from my planer and took them to the Humane Society. They use them for bedding. I will post some pictures of the shop when I organize it just a bit. My "workshop" is currently housed in two bays of my business shop. I have a 130' long by 40 building for my business. 40 feet of it is now my shop.

Peter Pedisich
01-11-2006, 9:44 PM
Nice bench, I like the vise.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Pete

Tom Stovell
01-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Great looking bench. It's nice to see stuff that looks like it belongs in a shop.

Tom