PDA

View Full Version : Senco Sn65

Casey Niland
01-11-2006, 5:38 PM
I am looking at buying a used Senco SN65 framing nail gun. It looks to be in good shape but not sure of its history for original owner. Does anyone have any feedback on this model Senco? Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks,

Casey Niland

CPeter James
01-11-2006, 5:50 PM
I have one and love it. When I bought it 7 years ago, I checked with the professional building framers and this was the gun of choice around here. It fires a full round head nail that is required under some building codes and in a range of 2 3/8" to 3 1/2". Mine does NOT like Hatachi brand nails as the don't feed well, but either Senco or the brand "X" that I get at the local lumber yard work fine. Plenty of power. I loaned mine to a friend and I think that they were running too much pressure and blew out a seal inside. Total cost of a complete rebuild kit was about $15 and it included all soft parts. Cost new was about $350. but they did come down a little. How much does he want?

CPeter

Casey Niland
01-11-2006, 6:06 PM
He is asking about $150.00. Its clean and does not look very used. I have not had it in my hands yet as he is out of town. He said if I want it he will hold it until I get there.

Thanks for the input.

Casey Niland

Peter Lyon
01-11-2006, 6:25 PM
Casey,

My dad and I have been sharing one of these for about 10 years. The only problem we've ever had was having to replace the seals one time. If I recall correctly, the bill amounted to about $50.

Senco is pretty much the industry standard with respect to framing nailers.

Good luck!:)