PDA

View Full Version : Lasermarking anodized aluminum

SHELDON RIER
07-19-2021, 6:29 PM
Hi - we have some anodized aluminum to mark so we bought some of the Cermark intended for anodized aluminum - it's described as a paste but quite thin - we tried it on multiple suppliers anodized aluminum using every imaginable setting on our 80w Epilog and it has zero adhesion - called the dealer & Cermark & they said if it's not working return it - we have used regular Cermark aerosol, tape & paste products for years with zero issues - anyways if anyone has had success marking on anodized aluminum any input would be appreciated....THANKS

here is a link to cermark product page
https://www.ferro.com/products/product-category/laser-marking-materials/laser-marking-materials-for-metal/laser-marking-pastes-for-metal/lmm-6904-black-laser-marking-paste-for-anodized-aluminum

Mike Null
07-20-2021, 4:36 PM
Why are you using Cermark? Anodized aluminum will mark nicely with just the laser.

Kev Williams
07-21-2021, 2:18 AM
CLEAR anodized won't mark black, it marks white, the Cermark stuff is designed for black marking (so it says)--

I know that I've never got normal Cermark (LMM-6000) to do anything on anodized, even with my 80w Triumph, but that same 80 watts will Cermark NOT anodized aluminum quite nicely.

Not sure what's going on with Ferro lately, their fantastically wonderful "Ultra" bombed for me, was a waste of MY money, and seems Sheldon struck out with this other stuff. Hope they never stop making the 6000 or I'm doomed! ;)

John Lifer
07-21-2021, 4:51 PM
I have a difficult time with lmm14 adhering to any aluminum also. I've succeeded a couple of times, but not anodized. 6000, nope.