PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt Builders Level DW090PK

Carroll Courtney
07-19-2021, 11:17 AM
Guys I have few projects coming up which this would help make my life easier and maybe more accurate.I know water level be bout same but ideal of setting this up in middle of and taking reading and checking grade.Wondering if anyone has use these or not,they are on sale right now plus free shipping.

Jim Becker
07-19-2021, 11:42 AM
Please clarify what the specific product you are asking about is...DeWalt has a bunch of different options, as to other brands.

Carroll Courtney
07-19-2021, 12:05 PM
Dang it,I put # in title.Thanks for headsup

Tom M King
07-19-2021, 12:26 PM
Should work fine. I like my Builders Level, for building stuff, more than a laser. I like a laser for site work, but the optical one can see fractions between 1/16" lines on a ruler.

Take care of it, and it will last a Long time. I'm still using a David White that I bought new in 1974-still checks out dead on.

Carroll Courtney
07-19-2021, 1:36 PM
Fantastic,going go for it

Carroll Courtney
07-19-2021, 5:50 PM
This does not make sense, check this out.https://www.ralenlar.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=375
While others are selling this for 219.00 this link selling it for 59.00 Something is up.

Tom M King
07-19-2021, 6:06 PM
I think I paid about 350 for that David White 47 years ago. Money was worth a lot more then. You could buy a new car for 4k. Surprisingly, even the foam in the case is still in great shape. It never bounced around in the truck though. It went to the jobsite only when needed, then back on a shelf.

John M Wilson
07-19-2021, 6:50 PM
Something is up.

Address given in web site is in a very residential neighborhood... Red Flag #1! 177 Meadow Lane, Long Lake, MN 55356 United States

The "About Us" page is very generic, and uses fairly stilted language... Red Flag #2

I'd be very careful with your method of payment: make sure you have good protection if this is somehow fraudulent.

Jim Becker
07-19-2021, 8:20 PM
If it sounds too good to be true...it generally is...

Steve Rozmiarek
07-20-2021, 9:01 AM
That seller looks scammy. About the builders level, or transit as we call them here. Yes they work fine, but it takes two people to do much with one, one that knows where to put the stick, and one who can accurately read it. If you want a tool that's far more capable, get a good laser. I like the Spectra (Trimble) lines. The receiver is accurate what makes them great. 1/16th inch accurate on the ones we use, something like 2500 ft range. Best thing, one guy can set it up where he wants and then go walking with the stick to wherever he needs a measurement. No need for a smart helper.

I have several of each, the only thing I use the transit for anymore is for long range rough layout, like when we're figuring out where a driveway is best placed on a big property, it's easy to just swing the crosshairs and follow level visually to get a rough idea of the path. That's not a very common job for my crew.

Jim Becker
07-20-2021, 10:23 AM
I agree with Steve's advice to consider a laser level rather than the old-school transit for the reasons he stated...especially the ability to do one-person measuring. I will likely invest in one when it's time to prepare for my shop building as I'll likely do a lot of the prep work with my Kubota. It will be useful for inside work, too. And when I no longer need it, resale on a laser will be better than a transit I suspect.

Tom M King
07-20-2021, 12:18 PM
A transit measures inclination angles, as well as level. A Builders level only measures level.

Jim Becker
07-20-2021, 1:51 PM
A transit measures inclination angles, as well as level. A Builders level only measures level.

Good point, Tom. I had forgot that.

Carroll Courtney
07-20-2021, 1:59 PM
Thanks guys,taking y’all advice going pass on that guy

Steve Rozmiarek
07-22-2021, 7:34 AM

Yep, you are right Tom.