PDA

View Full Version : A New little Cherry Bench for my entryway

Todd Trebuna
07-13-2021, 8:54 PM
Really proud of this one. Almost exclusively hand tools after a year of accumulation and small projects. I've been a power tool woodworker for 30 years or so, and it amazes me still how little I know. But I sold my Hitachi Table saw almost a year ago, to focus on less dust, less noise as I coast into retirement. This is a small bench I designed myself with alot of influence from Asian style benches found on Pinterest. It's some 8/4 Cherry (came with a Beetle hole) and 4/4 cherry on the legs (came with insect tracks) The wood has been drying in my garage for many moons, so I would say the infestation is gone. Tusk Tenon Joints on the stretcher with Walnut Wedges. Dado top with dowels for stability. I was a little worried that glue would not be sufficient to hold the center stile, so I pinned it to the legs with dowels. It was very fun and supremely gratifying. It's currently in my entry way where it will get daily use as people take off their shoes. Note: when the pictures were 4000 px they were crystal clear. :) 461146461147461148461149

kevin nee
07-13-2021, 9:14 PM
I am sure that is as solid as a rock. The legs into the dado with no mechanical fasteners, that will be around for a long time.
Very nice!

Phil Mueller
07-14-2021, 10:10 AM
Congrats Todd on a very nice hand tool project. It is satisfying to say the least. Smile every time you use it...you have a right to be proud. Just the first of many to come, I’m sure.

David Lageman
07-14-2021, 11:08 AM
That is beautiful Todd and I love the design. You should most definitely be proud of that one...every time you walk in to your house!!!

Charlie Jones
07-15-2021, 11:58 AM
Good job. That was a lot of work just using had tools.

Christopher Charles
07-16-2021, 11:29 AM
Very nice done! And welcome to the slippery slope ��

glenn bradley
07-16-2021, 11:47 AM
Nice one Todd. Our new place finally has a spot for an entry table or bench. This has been on my list for a while but we never had a spot for one. Yours looks great.

Mark Rainey
07-18-2021, 9:11 PM
A solid bench that reveals the hand of the woodworker.