PDA

View Full Version : Faceshield Advice Please

John Hart
01-11-2006, 2:23 PM
Hello There Everybody!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this Faceshield. It looks like it will be perfect for my needs, but like an idiot, I bought five of them before I asked anyone on SMC. But I can always send them back.

Anyways...I thought they would be great gifts...Mothers Day, Arbor Day..you know. What a great hummingbird shield! Or against those big Orange Killer Wasps in Texas...Those things are vicious!

Jason Christenson
01-11-2006, 2:28 PM
Having seen your face...well...nevermind:D

Loy Hawes
01-11-2006, 2:33 PM
That is a cool looking faceshield. Remember John, fashion is important in the shop! Do they have a matching Bionic suit?

Bill Stevener
01-11-2006, 2:47 PM
Personally, I think the added support at the base of the visor is a good idea.
Does it come with a built in nose scratchier?;)

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Mike Ramsey
01-11-2006, 3:03 PM
John, I have that same face shield and I love it.
It adjust easily and stays where iI put it.
It is very comfortable to...for me anyway.
Mike

Andy Hoyt
01-11-2006, 3:06 PM
Looks like it could get a wee bit humid and warm in there.

Dennis Peacock
01-11-2006, 3:58 PM
One word: Trend AirShield

Ok...so I can't count. :D

Frank Chaffee
01-11-2006, 5:45 PM
John,
That looks like a good mask. I would listen to those who recommend the Trend AirShield however, as it combines air filtration with impact protection.

I wore safety glasses beneath/behind welding helmets and face shields for years, and still had to have metal extracted from my eyes several times. The problem for me was that I needed to wear safety glasses that had some degree of ventilation to prevent fogging in the humid climate of SW Wisconsin in the summer. There was a limit to the effectiveness of anti-fogging compounds available. Chips traveling at high speed can bounce off many surfaces before losing their inertia.

If you are turning in an air conditioned shop, the fogging of protective lenses will be less of a consideration, but anyone who is old enuf to wax eloquent over the muscle cars of a bygone era, is probably susceptible to the immediate dangers of airborne particulate matter.

Listen to Dennis.

Frank

John Hart
01-11-2006, 6:01 PM
Thanks everyone! I am going to buy the Trend Airshield before summer. That's always been in my plan so I really appreciate the advice in that direction. Earl Reid showed me his and it really looked like the way to go. This particular buy was price-based. They sell for $35 but my company was doing a quantity buy so I had an opportunity to get it for $15. So I got five of them. Figured that it would get me over the hump and give me some gifts to give out to new turners.

Thanks for everything. Now, if I can just get someone to build an Itty-Bitty Bionic Nose Scratcher.....Bill? ;)

Bob Noles
01-11-2006, 7:27 PM
John.... Dennis.....

I too am looking at the Trend AirShield or Triton Respirator not too far down the road. Are these things as good as they are advertised to be? What about the hard hat feature on the Triton vs the Trend design? I am really flipping a coin between these 2 and appreciate any swaying you want to pass my way.

Loy Hawes
01-11-2006, 8:42 PM
I'm afraid you all have been duped! I did some research on the internet and found out John is just trying to sell his new action figure! Don't believe me? Have a look!

:D :D :D

Jim Ketron
01-11-2006, 8:56 PM
Loy Is back in action!:D :D :D :D

Dale Thompson
01-11-2006, 8:58 PM
Thanks. "give me some gifts to give out to new turners".

John,
I'm a NEW turner!! :) Please PM me for my present address. Legal considerations force me to move frequently! :o :)

Dale T.

Travis Stinson
01-11-2006, 9:00 PM
All we need now is the bionic "sound" effects!;) :D :D :D :D

John Hart
01-11-2006, 9:06 PM
I'm practicing for my slow motion fighting

nananananana OOOF!!!! nanananananana BOFF!!!! nanananana EEEAAII!!!! CRASH! nananananana. Hey baby, how 'bout a drink!;)

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2006, 9:16 PM
Me thinks it's exotics again!

Andy Hoyt
01-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Oh Man! I just gotta invest in a spew proof keyboard.