PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse Pepper Grinder 12 inch

David Metzman
07-08-2021, 11:13 AM
I used an artisan pepper mill kit - not the deluxe which were out of stock - about the same price. I do not like the way one piece fits - thing that holds spring - they probably saved 0.5 cents by taking out the holes but I would not buy again. I recommend diet root beer after turning!

David Walser
07-08-2021, 1:33 PM
David -- I really like it.

Paul F Franklin
07-08-2021, 1:36 PM
Very nice! Love the figure.

Tim Elett
07-08-2021, 6:24 PM
I never can open files that say attached thumbnails.

David Metzman
07-08-2021, 9:17 PM
Thank you. I think you have to pay the very small membership to post or see pictures. Well worth it. Otherwise imaging a peppermill that looks like a lighthouse (very loosely) with a black walnut bottom and a spalted oak top.

David Metzman
07-08-2021, 9:18 PM
when I turned pieces from this same walnut tree when it was fresh, the sap wood was pretty white. Now it is pretty dark. Not sure why? Spalting of some sort?

Pat Scott
07-09-2021, 9:22 AM
I've used both mechanisms and agree with you - although it seems to work I much prefer the Deluxe spring bar with holes. I like the idea with the Artisan of a 2-stage grinding mechanism, but the spring bar is a big enough deal to me that I go with the Deluxe. I think the kits Rockler sells are the Deluxe mechanism also.

David Metzman
07-09-2021, 9:53 AM
when I ordered they were out of stock (and I did not notice the slight difference). I find it amazing - they probably literally save 1/2 of a cent . I wonder if I can cut one out of a can with a tin snips and put holes in it.