PDA

View Full Version : Jet WBS 24 bandsaw ?

Steve Rozmiarek
07-03-2021, 11:16 AM
I found an old thread, not much info. Anyone have one of these? Coming up on auction nearby, not my ideal pick for a 24" machine, but it may be enough of a bargain to earn a place in the shop. It's 5hp, 3 phase (that's fine with me), looks like it's been around for a while and has really boxy shields. Beyond that, I don't know anything about this model.

Tom Trees
07-03-2021, 2:27 PM
488kg now that's a beast of a machine, my machine weighs in at 280!

Mike Kees
07-04-2021, 4:22 PM
Steve, first I have to say that I have never seen that Jet before. Is there any more pictures ? Curious what the wheels look like ,as in solid disc or spoked . Also are they flat or crowned ? There are really very few moving parts on a bandsaw so if the motor works and the price is right ... I would plan on new tires and bearings every where (Wheels and motor) ,belts and maybe a new switch. (If needed). Then if the price is low enough you could easily end up with a solid machine. Can you check this out in person before the sale ?

Steve Rozmiarek
07-04-2021, 4:52 PM
It does look heavy, that's a lot more than I expected!

Can't see the wheels in the pics, the guy taking them for the auction was pretty clueless as to what he should be photographing. Several more of shields. None of the drive train or guides at all. I think I'm winning it at a buck right now and it's 4 hours away. I guess for that price, it'd make a dandy conversation piece if it turns out to be a lemon.

Tom Trees
07-04-2021, 6:02 PM
Looks like it is able for a lot of adjustment from the manual.
I'd reckon if you have the space its as good a machine as you could get, bar possibly the pointless little bells and whistles found on smaller machines.
Not sure the casters on my 24" would hold up to that weight, and it'd be a bit of a job to wheel around.

Good luck with it
Tom

Bill Dufour
07-05-2021, 2:42 PM
Please remove the table before moving. You know if the trunnions break there are no replacements.
Bill D