PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting rip fence toe out on Hammer K3

Gabriel Marusic
06-18-2021, 1:27 AM
I've been trying to dial in the toe out on my rip fence and I'm struggling to figure out the right way to do it at the guide rail. Does anyone have any experience or pointers to share? It looks somewhat similar to how you'd adjust the height/toe out at the slider only it is a bolt that goes through and I really only have 2 nuts to adjust. I've included a picture for reference as there are a few different K3 guide rails out there.

Steve Wurster
06-19-2021, 11:52 AM
I think you're on the right track, but don't forget to loosen the nuts where the bar connects to the extension tables.

Rod Sheridan
06-19-2021, 1:59 PM
Yes, as Steve invited loosen th nut inside the table a bit then move the nut outside the table a small amount in the correct direction.

Snug up the inside nut and check.

Regards, Rod

Gabriel Marusic
06-20-2021, 10:45 AM
Yes, as Steve invited loosen th nut inside the table a bit then move the nut outside the table a small amount in the correct direction.

Snug up the inside nut and check.

Regards, Rod

Thank you Rod. Calibrating this machine is entirely new to me and has been a bit of a steep learning curve.

Steve Rozmiarek
06-20-2021, 10:16 PM
Don't use toe out, just use the short fence and the carriage. Set parallel and forget it.