PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Mini problems with Set Home, y-axis zero

Morag McQuarrie
06-07-2021, 2:45 PM
Hello,

I've been using an Epilog Mini 45W (model 8000) engraver for several years with no serious problems, until now.

jobs were printing above the top edge of the paper. Y-axis zero was off by 0.405 inches. I recalibrated the y-axis home (pressing STOP + any key). It was set to -043, but I needed to move +405 counts. The max allowed is +200, so it is still 0.162 inches too low (with respect to the rear left corner of the table). Not a huge problem, but I'd like to understand it
Bigger problem is I can't do center-center jobs (where you choose a temporary new home position by dragging the X & Y carriages. For example etching on a specific area of the work piece). When I press "set home", the laser head moves back to home every time. I can get around it by putting the etching work where I need it to go on the Corel file.

I have the latest firmware, 1.0.3.0
Rebooting doesn't help.

Epilog tech support are recommending a new control board for $680 (after $400 core refund)

Anyone seen these, and what was the solution?

Thank you

Kev Williams
06-08-2021, 11:27 AM
I know zilch about Epilog machines, but regardless of the machine:
if you can't move a zero point enough in the software, then you need to move some hardware- which would be either or all of these: the top rulers, side rulers, the limit switches or the limit switch triggers...

I'm having a similar problem with my Gravograph LS100 point -n- shoot, no matter what I try I cannot get the red dot to point exactly where the laser fires, or vice versa. Best I can get is red dot y=y perfect, but x=x +.025". Can't fix it in the software, and even adjusting the LED light itself physically doesn't work. I could possibly get it all to line up by moving the X limit switch or it's trigger but the way this machine is built it would be a bit complicated at best... I've just gotten used to it out of frustration, I've gotten pretty good at deducting .025 from what the display says ;)

Your numbers are quite a bit farther off than mine...