PDA

View Full Version : Writing reviews of Harbor Freight merchandise

Mel Fulks
06-03-2021, 1:13 AM
Just wondering how many here do that. They really like mine and have asked me to write more ! Bought a red five
gallon bucket and they want me to do an in-depth dive into its reliability, and features. They must have really liked
the flash-lite piece I did !!

Bruce Wrenn
06-03-2021, 3:06 AM
Just wondering how many here do that. They really like mine and have asked me to write more ! Bought a red five
gallon bucket and they want me to do an in-depth dive into its reliability, and features. They must have really liked
It depends, both for HF, Amazon, and Ebay. If item meets my expectations, then I will review it. If it doesn't, I first contact seller to resolve problem. If this doesn't work, then I will write and unfavorable review. Just did a review on Home Depot's site for a block of coconut coir. What's to review, it's coconut coir, Some reviewers complained it didn't come in a plastic wrapper, instead of a brown paper wrapper. What does that have to do with product?

Alan Rutherford
06-03-2021, 10:25 AM
I bought a "reconditioned" two-part brush-cutter plus power head from Home Depot on-line. It's like a battery-operated string trimmer where you can separate the shaft in the middle to attach the brush-cutter. The mating part of the drive shaft was mangled beyond repair. I posted a negative review describing the problem. They deleted it as not being about the product.

Dave Lehnert
06-03-2021, 11:34 PM
Every time I go to the car dealer for an oil change I get a notice to review my experience.
One time I had an negative experience, Funny I did not get a review notice that time.

Remember years ago a story about a dealer that advertised they were "Number 1"
When questioned what they were number one in, the answer was number one in customer complainants.

Jim Koepke
06-04-2021, 3:07 PM
Remember years ago a story about a dealer that advertised they were "Number 1"
When questioned what they were number one in, the answer was number one in customer complainants.

At least they were honest about one thing. :eek:

jtk

Stephen Rosenthal
06-05-2021, 1:03 PM
I only post a review if I get something (cash, reward points, etc.) in return for my time. I already gave them my hard-earned cash for their product or service. Why should I give them free publicity?

That said, without being asked I have commended Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley on this site for their products and customer service. I support companies that offer superior products and service and will gladly spread the word about them without asking for anything in return.

Jim Koepke
06-05-2021, 2:04 PM
I only post a review if I get something (cash, reward points, etc.) in return for my time.

One local grocery chain gives fuel discount reward points for filling out a survey. Last month three or four were done. That and shopping reward points got me a dollar per gallon discount filling up my truck. That added up to approximately $25 in savings, kind of nice.

jtk

Stan Calow
06-05-2021, 4:30 PM
I never do those online surveys rating service. I think its just a way to get your name and email so they can start sending you spam, and then sell your info to other third parties for more advertising.

Bert Kemp
06-05-2021, 11:04 PM
I do the online survey to get the 50 extra fuel points. That 20 cent a gallon off plus what I get for shopping there , right now they have 4 x point on Fri and Sat

Myk Rian
06-05-2021, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the laugh. 👌