PDA

View Full Version : A sample of what's been coming off the lathe lately

Wolf Kiessling
01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
This bowl of unknown wood (probably elm) is 9.5"h x 12" w. You can see it is very thick walled. That is because that is what has been selling lately. These things are easy and quick to turn so I can sell them fairly cheap. I had three of this type in a local show/sale last Oct and they sold within 15 minutes of the show opening. The thin walled bowls, and therefore more expensive, don't sell nearly as well. At least, not here.

Anyway, here 'tis.....

Rich Stewart
01-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Very cool looking. I, too, am liking the thick walls better than thin although not for the same reason. I haven't sold anything so that doesnt enter into it. I just LIKE them better. More heft. Seems more like wood to me. I did a bowl recently out of Alaskan Birch and it has very thin walls, but it seems more like plastic, in both weight and feel, than wood. Nice to know they sell easier too in case I ever feel like anything I do could be sold. Nice job.

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2006, 2:51 PM
Beautiful Wolf. I to like the thicker walls. On bowls that I have seen that I like the best have walls no thinner than 1/4". Thanks for sharing.

Bob Noles
01-10-2006, 3:29 PM
Wolf,

Nice work.... those are awesome and have a great grain.