PDA

View Full Version : The gloat that got away, kind of.

johnny means
06-02-2021, 8:45 PM
Picked this little guy up for $30 off of FaceBook. The tensioner casting was broken, but it was in great shape outside of that. $11 part and it's back on service, right? Well, the drive home involved several stops with some unloading, loading and rearrangment. Long story short, I managed to shatter the trunnions, so my $40 find is gonna cost a few dollars more. Still a win, though.

Paul F Franklin
06-02-2021, 9:15 PM
Ouch! A bargain anyway, but ouch!

Peter Kelly
06-02-2021, 9:22 PM
Definitely a win if the wheels and motor still turn.

Bill Dufour
06-02-2021, 10:09 PM
There is a reason most every how to move a bandsaw or disk sander article says to remove the table first.
Bill D

Bill Dufour
06-02-2021, 10:10 PM
do you need it to tilt? If not it is not that hard to fab something out of hardwood.

johnny means
06-02-2021, 11:41 PM
There is a reason most every how to move a bandsaw or disk sander article says to remove the table first.
Bill D
I've never bothered removing the table when moving a bandsaw. It would have been fine if I hadn't forgotten to strap it back down after a delivery. Something was going to eat that impact, a couple of seven dollar trunnions wasn't the worst possible outcome.

John Lifer
06-09-2021, 9:16 AM
IF you can GET the trunions, a lot of those parts are discontinued.

And I just bought and moved a Jet JSC18 and the seller removed the table at my request as we laid it down in my pickup bed.
I Would NEVER move a large bandsaw without removing the table. And the trunion for that one ain't no $7..... (neither is yours as you'll pay $10 minimum shipping)
Why not spend 5 minutes taking off something that WILL break?