PDA

View Full Version : California Wood Expo or Woodworks 2006?

rick fulton
01-10-2006, 9:44 AM
California Wood Expo is at Pomona Fairplex Jan 26-27th

Just ten miles away, and one week later . . .

Woodworks 2006 will be at Ontario Convention Center (Feb 3-5).

CWE is geared more toward professionals, with seminars on marketing and productivity enhancements.
Woodworks advertise "a full woodworking experience" with demos and seminars on techniques.
Both shows will have galleries of armature ww pieces.

I'm not really in the market for any new equipment except a cyclone, but would love to see some of the high-end equipment in action. As a newbie woodworker with big ambitions, I'd love to go to both shows, but will be lucky if I can make it to one.

If you could only attend one show this year, which would it be?
No way I'd do Vegas AWFS in the summer.
Has anyone on SMC done both southern California shows?
For Woodworks, is it better to go Friday to avoid Sat/Sun crowds? Or better to go Sat/Sun to avoid LA traffic?

Thanks!
rick

Jeff Farris
01-10-2006, 9:59 AM
Heck, I haven't been on this forum a week yet, and I am getting ready to open my second can of worms! :p

You'll see more tools and more product demonstrations at The Woodworking Show in Pomona, May 5,6 & 7 than you will at the Woodworks show in Ontario. Of the companies that exhibit at trade shows, only those who can field two crew each week and a few folks who are rebelling against TWS will be in the Woodworks shows. The rest of us have to live in the real world and go with the promoter that delivers the best audience.

Cal Wood Expo may be more industrial than you are expecting.

Lee DeRaud
01-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Woodworks 2006 will be at Ontario Convention Center (Feb 3-5).

For Woodworks, is it better to go Friday to avoid Sat/Sun crowds? Or better to go Sat/Sun to avoid LA traffic?Might not be bad that Sunday, what with it being a religious holiday and all. :D

Chris Dodge
01-10-2006, 5:29 PM
I went to the Pomona Show two years ago and it was great! I came away from there with WAY too many tools. Wait, let me qualify that. I came away with WAY too many tools for my wife's taste.

There was plenty to look at and was well worth the short trip inland. I went on a Saturday and it was fine.