PDA

View Full Version : Made from found scraps

Bart Leetch
01-10-2006, 12:11 AM
I got tired of cleaning up all the sawdust around & behind the CMS. Sooo experiment time I started with a box & added the wings & inside directing flaps & top pivoting flaps. I looked in my collection of used hinges & came up with 4 old hasps which I contact glued to the 1/8" masonite which came out of the bottom of some old drawers the box frame is an old door frame with a piece of CDX plywood on the bottom. I have maybe 25 cents worth of air nails in it.
If you'll look at the outside bottom right hand corner you can just see part of a knob which is on the end of a 1/4" dowel pulling it will open the dc gate.

This system doesn't get all the chips but does get most of them.

From a somewhat of a Newer Yankee Workshop

Jim Becker
01-10-2006, 10:31 AM
You are the "master" of making delicious cheesecake out of spilled milk, Bart! Excellent!!

Jason Tuinstra
01-10-2006, 1:15 PM
Bart, anything to keep the dust down is great. And when it's used with scraps, even better. Good idea.

Martin Lutz
01-10-2006, 2:07 PM
Great use of the leftovers. If your like me you have just about every usable scrap you ever created.:)

Chris Dodge
01-10-2006, 3:12 PM
Great use of the leftovers. If your like me you have just about every usable scrap you ever created.:)

Its good to know that I'm not the only one. I just can't throw the stuff away!:o

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2006, 3:44 PM
Excellent work Bart. Scraps are good.

Richard Wolf
01-10-2006, 3:50 PM
Way to think outside the box.

Richard

Steve Stube
01-10-2006, 8:42 PM
I like your ingenuity Bart, there is no holding you back, you are a problem solver.